Asian Beef Salad-YUM!

Colleen Roy

So, I had a delicious Korean BBQ Beef Salad a few weeks ago when we were out to dinner. Not completely paleo, but close. I decided to try and a make a compliant version for dinner last night and it was freaking fantastic, if I do say so myself! I combined and tweaked a few different recipes that I found, so here's my best guess as to what I did:

Garlic ground beef ala Well Fed (with onions too)

I added some finely diced garlic and ginger to the pan, then tossed in the already cooked ground beef to heat through. I added some sliced green onion, a little coconut amino, a spoonful of chili garlic sauce and a sprinkle of Chinese Five Spice Powder.

Salad:

I used finely sliced cabbage, carrots, yellow peppers, red onions and tossed it all with cilantro and basil

Dressing:

About 1/3 cup of coconut aminos

About 1/2 a cup of evoo

finely diced ginger (about 2 tbsp.)

finely diced garlic (about 2 tbsp.)

crushed red pepper

a pinch of salt

Shake up the dressing and drizzle over the salad. I put a little bit of siriacha sauce on it too-that is not whole30 compliant-you don't need it, but I like it! ;-) I had the same salad with leftover chicken today for lunch minus the siriacha sauce. YUM. YUM. YUM. I want to make more tonight, but that would require going out in the cold rain and I am warm and toasty and settled for the night! Happy weekend everyone!

Archived