Help, having a rough time figuring out reintroduction symptoms

dcmullets1

Let me preface this by saying the last week before day 30 I went slightly heavy on the dates and throughout the whole 30 we used many approved spices.  Towards the end I felt bring fog and anxious.

The last day of whole30 I had paleo ribs with a rub that was heavy on many nightshade spices, then had no bake paleo key lime cheesecake, heavy with almonds, dates, almond flour.  

I immediately had awful diarrhea, body aches and sore throat...SO, from there I read about nightshades and then salicylates..since I went heavy on the dates.

Then I reintroduced gluten and had itty/burning skin, sore throat, random aches.  Two days later I had GF bread and felt bloated, foggy, and itchy...

I guess I'm confused could this just be the salicylate, gluten from two days ago, or GF grains...this is frustrating to try to figure out...please help with any advice!

• Moderators

If you think that you were already not feeling well from the ribs rub and the cheesecake (which incidentally is absolutely not Whole30) then your best bet would be to go back to eating Whole30 and cutting out nuts/dates and see if that makes you feel better. Trying to do re-intros when you already are having a seeming reaction to something is a waste of time as you can see, you can't figure out what the poor feelings are from.

Make sense?

• Moderators

You need to stay Whole30-compliant until you feel great. If that is 5 days, okay. If it is 2 weeks, it is 2 weeks. And then reintroduce one food for one day. Then don't reintroduce anything new until you are feeling great again. And do not keep eating anything non-compliant even if you do not notice symptoms. 

Archived