Starting March 16...anybody else starting this day?

debbiedru

I've been considering doing the Whole30 since last June.  I had a couple of major life changes (Husband losing job and death of in-laws) that delayed my start. Instead, I fixed all sorts of fattening comfort food to deal with my stress. Red wine also has been a friend.  Husband still hasn't found a job, but I need to do this for me and I feel I'm finally ready.  Would love to have another newbie doing it at the same time!

I am starting tomorrow 14th March. Having read the book, I was very aware last week of just how low my resistance to carb and sugar cravings is when I'm stressed. Devoured three naked bars in about 2 hours :(  . Feeling a bit nervous but also excited as I really need this to boost my non existent energy levels. Good luck with your own journey.

jenmidge, it's amazing how easy it is to turn to food when we're stressed isn't it??  I probably should have started tomorrow like several people seem to be doing, but I work in a high school and this week is our spring break so I wanted to have a couple of days to prepare.  I'm nervous and excited as well.  Good luck to you and I'll be following the posts of those starting tomorrow.  We can do this!

I just started this morning too!  And I'm already freaking out!  Turns out just thinking about not having my precious Mt. Dew is killing me... Gah!  We got this!  I'm taking it one day at a time :)  

(I've only recently learned I'm an emotional eater)

Also, breakfast was actually super tasty, I highly recommend baking some sweet potatoes and heating them up with an egg and avocado for breakfast.  Yum!

I started this morning too and I'm feeling good so far. I know we'll all be able to get through this and having support from others starting today will be super helpful I think.

I really want to feel better and have more energy to keep up with my 6 month old and evaluating my relationship with food is probably the best place to start.

• Moderators

I highly recommend baking some sweet potatoes and heating them up with an egg and avocado for breakfast.  Yum!

This breakfast does sound yummy, but keep in mind that when eggs are your only protein source in a meal, you want as many whole eggs as you can hold in your hand -- so for most people, that's 3-4, maybe more.  If you don't want that many eggs, feel free to add some other protein instead, so an egg and some sausage (I'd probably half the fennel or lose it completely and up the sage in that recipe, but it's a good starting place to make your own, since breakfast sausage can be hard to find with no sugar added) or steak or chicken or whatever leftovers you have around. Don't skimp on breakfast, a good breakfast really will help with cravings throughout the day.

Like some of you, I'm starting Day 3.  Some reflections:  I really can drink my coffee black!  I don't really miss the cream that much.  I did sleep longer last night than normal...91/2 hours!  Luckily I'm on spring break with my job and could do that.  Possibly the "hangover effect" they talk about in the book? Not having any aches and pains, though. Not to get too personal, but I did have diarrhea yesterday after lunch, but not after dinner. Hmmm.

I'm planning my meals 3 days in advance.  This has been somewhat challenging as I'm really trying to come up with a variety.  I can already see getting tired of eggs and spinach :).  I'm worried about starting back to work on Monday and being able to keep this plan up.  I'm committed to it, but I have a teenage son who isn't driving yet and is involved in all sorts of activities that can eat up my time in the afternoons.  I realize that I have to uber plan and make sure I have the ingredients I need on hand, but it still stresses me out.

Oh, and ShannonM816, I'm going to try that sausage recipe out!  Would love to hear how everybody's journey is going!

Hey everyone!

I know I'm a little late to the thread as this is the first time I've really taken a look around the forum.  But I also started my first Whole30 on March 16th.  I hope everyone rocked their first week!

For me personally, I struggled a few times, especially when it came to not snacking out of boredom while at work (I work in fine dining, so I'm quite literally constantly surrounded by everything I can't eat/drink right now  :unsure: ). I also find that while I'm sleeping better than I have in years, I still feel my energy levels are kind of dragging.  Hopefully that turns around soon here .  On the bright side though, turns out I really enjoy my coffee black, which I'll gladly take as another nonscale victory!

Hope everyone has a fantastic start to their second week.

Cheers!

Archived