Holymacaroni my kids have arrived to the "Kill all of the things" Phase...

AnaRobin

They are on a terror :angry:.  Any helpful hints to get us through this phase?  I know this is temporary, but I'm about to pull my hair out... I need help!!!  LOL :P Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  :wub:  Also, I'm beginning to wonder if I'll ever get them to eat veggies.  Good news is that they used to hate fruit, too.  Now, at least they'll eat a variety of fruit.  But they make some serious drama when asked to try their veggies.   :rolleyes:

AR

• Moderators

Up their starchy vegetables for a few days -- it probably won't make it go away entirely, but it might help make it less bad. Roasted chunks of sweet potato or potato with mayo to dunk them in, maybe, or mashed sweet potatoes with coconut oil and cinnamon. Hang in there, it will get better.

Up their starchy vegetables for a few days -- it probably won't make it go away entirely, but it might help make it less bad. Roasted chunks of sweet potato or potato with mayo to dunk them in, maybe, or mashed sweet potatoes with coconut oil and cinnamon. Hang in there, it will get better.

Thank you for the advice.  I've been trying to introduce potatoes to my kids, and while they have been gluten free for a good while, they never really got a taste for potatoes, other than the fried variety.  Seriously... my kids don't like mashed potatoes!!!  Never heard of any child disliking mashed potatoes.  I was elated to know that I could eat them on Whole30.  LOL  I guess I'll just try to keep reintroducing... hopefully it will stick soon!!! 

• Moderators

Seriously... my kids don't like mashed potatoes!!!  Never heard of any child disliking mashed potatoes. 

My oldest nephew doesn't like them -- blows my mind! And, his mom is the one who, when she was younger, would order mashed potatoes and french fries as her two sides with a meal at a restaurant, so it's just really confusing to me that she managed to have a kid who won't eat them.

There are other starchy vegetables, I just mentioned the potatoes since they're usually what kids will eat. Carrots, pumpkin, winter squashes like butternut or acorn squash, any root vegetables like turnips, parsnips, rutabaga, or beets -- if they prefer any of those, they might help too.

My oldest nephew doesn't like them -- blows my mind! And, his mom is the one who, when she was younger, would order mashed potatoes and french fries as her two sides with a meal at a restaurant, so it's just really confusing to me that she managed to have a kid who won't eat them.

There are other starchy vegetables, I just mentioned the potatoes since they're usually what kids will eat. Carrots, pumpkin, winter squashes like butternut or acorn squash, any root vegetables like turnips, parsnips, rutabaga, or beets -- if they prefer any of those, they might help too.

Thank you, once again, for the advice.  It's definitely worth a try!!!

If you serve them anything saucy, I know a zucchini hater who puts grated raw zucchini into things like meat bolognaise as when it cooks it has a generic "sauce" quality that isn't particularly "veggie" :)

Thanks!  How, exactly, do I incorporate it? Does the zucchini go into the meat, or the sauce?  I appreciate your help! 

They had a recipe which was supposed to have diced zucchini (chunky). They used a microplane grater to grate up the same amount of zucchini (I think a regular grater would work too, just might need cooking longer, depends how much you hate it) and to their surprise (the first time) it "disappeared", kind of melted into the sauce, just making it thick.

They had a recipe which was supposed to have diced zucchini (chunky). They used a microplane grater to grate up the same amount of zucchini (I think a regular grater would work too, just might need cooking longer, depends how much you hate it) and to their surprise (the first time) it "disappeared", kind of melted into the sauce, just making it thick.

Hmmm... I'm going to try that!!!  Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived