"Oh my god, what DO you eat ?"

For people who go into shock when I tell them the various items that are NOT allowed when on the Whole30, who inevitably ask, "Oh my god, what DO you eat ??" ... I kept a list of every food item and ingredient that went into every meal I ate during my first 7 days.

What do I eat ? I eat ....

eggs, bacon, grass fed beef, chicken, fish, apples, bananas, pumpkin, oranges, blackberries, sauerkraut, bell peppers, onions, green olives, tomatoes, mixed greens, chiles (in salsa), sweet potato, beets, fennel, more greens, kale, avocado, carrots, broccoli, zucchini, green beans, shallots, onions, spinach, lime juice, coconut oil, olive oil, ghee, garlic, coconut meat, salt, pepper, balsamic vinegar, cinnamon, mustard, sage, rosemary, macadamia nuts, sunflower seeds, dry roasted almonds, rooibos & green teas

That's a pretty damn healthy assortment, I'd say, especially compared to what I "normally" ate. And it's only a small fraction of the thousands of options available.

There is PLENTY out there. Don't be scared, thinking "there is nothing left to eat !" That's a false perception perpetuated by the "food" industry that "manufactures" STUFF for you to eat. Eat real food.

People are so weird about their opinions on what we do that I always focus on what I do eat and don't really talk about what I don't. That doesn't always work because some people just dig and dig and then dig some more. :huh: I love this idea. I'm going to start a document of all the things I eat and then whenever I am uninspired, I'll take a look at it. :D

OMG!!!!! I just had someone say the exact same thing to me yesterday about " what DO you eat" too funny. Great idea Kristin, time to make that list!!!!!! When I see that person Monday I will be happily providing my nice loooooong and yummy sounding list of good eats.

:-)

Yeah my neighbor across the street is ALWAYS saying, "Well we'd have you over to dinner but I can't cook what you eat." REALLY???? you can't grill a steak and some veggies? (and they don't even know I'm on a whole 30, so not like they are aware of the additional restrictions). As far as oil, they are Italian (well the wife is) so they use Olive Oil they import themselves from Italy.

Really drives me batty!

Inspired by this thread I am keeping a list of everything (ingredients not meals) that I eat for 30 days. Care to take a guess at how many items it will run to?

I am planning on an excel spreadsheet. Gonna get real nerdy up in here. B)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This thread has me laughing and feeling right at home amongst all you. I love spreadsheets and lists. I can't get through a day without my lists. So much fun marking things off. Definitely color coded is the way to go.

Archived