Life Extension Two-Per-Day, compliant?

AlizarinCrimson

I'm still in the planning stages, pre-whole30 and I started to take a look at the vitamins that I've been taking semi-regularly.  

For the first one, I noticed that my two-per-day vitamin from Life Extension says "contains soybeans" but I can't seem to determine if that is as trace amounts or as lecithin form. (The nutrient facts can be found here: http://www.lifeextension.com/Vitamins-Supplements/item02015/Two-Per-Day-Tablets).  I did double check the link I had found off of another topic here: http://whole9life.com/2012/02/supplement-evaluation-checklist/ and I feel it passes the other 5 criteria, but the "soybean" portion is tripping me up a bit.

The other supplement is the Mega Green Tea Extract that contains Rice flour, and Green Coffee which just says "vegetable capsule" but I will probably just ditch those for the 30 days since I had been taking those primarily to help with my sloth-paced metabolism (which I hope to fix by the clean eating and diet elimination process that whole30 goes through).

I tried looking through the forums with little luck, so if anybody has a more definitive answer on whether the Two-Per-Day tablets are whole30 compliant or not, or are about to point me to another forum topic, that would be great!

• Moderators

If they contain any soy at all, you really ought to just skip them for 30 days. They look like a multivitamin, right? You should be good skipping them for a month -- eating 1-3 cups of vegetables at every meal, plus healthy fats and protein, you should get plenty of nutrients.

The best way to search the forum is through google -- if you google Whole30 + whatever you're looking for, or Whole30 forum + whatever you're looking for, you'll usually get plenty of past discussions, although I'm not finding anything about this particular vitamin.

The only exception to this is if they are prescription, doctor's orders (which supplements generally are not).

Post-Whole30 I have had to dump all gluten, dairy and soy from all medications (including prescription) as they all impact my health negatively.

Archived