Kelee's W30 Just found Forums 22 Days In!

kelee

I am 22 days in to my first W30.  On Day 10 I decided to do a reset and turn my W30 into a W40.  It may evolve into a W50 or 60.  My log is not perfect.  There are some points I missed like not eating close to bedtime, limiting snacks, making sure snacks are not fruit. There are mistakes-like eating nitrate containing deli meats and certainly bad oils when I eat out. (I don't have the mindset to ask for special prep eating out.)  But I am here and still trying.  My stomach is flatter, my rings are fitting better, I am sleeping better, my skin is not as dry-especially feet and hands, I love not being sluggish and bloated after meals.  I no longer crave sugary things.  I do long for cheese toast and a milkshake.  But I have not cheated on carbs or sugar-this I am most proud of!  I never thought I could do that!  I am going to put my log here in hopes that a moderator or friendly person will critique it (I am not sensitive-Bring on the feedback!) and help me decide what changes I need to make in my eating going forward.  Honestly, after doing this for 22 days I think I could go 30 more if that is what it takes to get master this program and get control of my health!  FYI I have kept a paper log and journalled my feelings, etc.  I won't bore you with 22 days of that-I'll stck to a simple food log.  If I have eaten something I know is non-compliant, I will log NC behind the food.  Otherwise you can safely assume it was compliant!  I will log 5 days at a time.

Day 1  (Start Date 2/22/16)

M1

1/2 skillet of egg frittata w/ potato, broccoli, peppers in ghee, 3 orange slices, black coffee

M2 

Salad of carrot, cucumber, tomato, can of tuna, dried cherries, sunflower seeds, a couple of almonds and hazelnuts, spicy mustard vinegar oil dressing, boiled egg.

(ate 1/2 at 11:00 and 1/2 at 1:00)

M3

W30 Perfect Burger (made with venison) fried w/ ghee, diced potatoes and green beans in ghee.

Snack

a whole large carrot at 7:00pm

Day 2

M1 

1/2 skillet L/O Frittata from yesterday, salsa, 1/2 apple, black coffee

M2

Taco Salad- vension taco meat with my own taco seasoning, salsa, and green chilies, over iceberg lettuce, tomato and cucumber, drizzled with a little spicy mustard vinegar oil dressing

(hungry -ate early again)

Snack

3 orange slices, and a sample of W30 Spaghetti Sauce with vension

(1:30pm)

M3

Baked potato with the W30 Spaghetti sauce with ground venision.

Bedtime Snack 

mini taco salad -(Really mini) - I was hungry!

Day 3

M1

2 scrambled eggs, fried potato and peppers in ghee, salsa, 2 orange slices, black coffee

M2

Chili's Char-grilled 6 oz Steak Skillet with Asparagus (NC b/c of cooking oil), roasted garlic, and grape tomatoes, Fried pickles (I picked off the breading so I basically at warm dill pickle slices!) 

Snack

small portion of spaghetti sauce with venison, about 3/4 cup of chopped fruit-apple orange, frozen blueberries 

3:30 (the after school snack)

M3

store bought package of cashews (NC??), and a bar made of just apples and blueberries I found at Casey's Quick mart.

Weird- yes.  This was my last minute strategy to avoid eating the Wednesday night church meal I had signed up for!

5:00pm 

Bedtime Snack

Hash of potatoes, peppers, broccoli, and  mexican spiced pulled pork with a soft fried egg on top, salsa, and hot sauce, 1/2 cup l/o fruit salad

meal filled a small dinner plate consumed after church.

Day 4

M1

W30 Pork Sausage (yes I made it! it was wonderful!) fried egg, salsa, banana

(Late breakfast)

M2

small serving of mixed almonds, dried cherries, pistashios, mixed fruit cup in juice, boiled egg, 1/2 small apple

(late lunch)

M3

grilled pre-seasoned chicken (NC b/c  I think it was butter in the pesto like chicken seasoning) roasted cauliflower and broccoli with lemon, plain mashed potato flakes (Just potatoes nothing added)

Day 5

M1

W30 Pork Sausage, black coffee, couple bites of l/o veggies (not real hungry)

M2

Chik-fil-a 8 pc grilled nuggets (NC probably because of what they cook this in idk really), side salad (NC because of a tiny teaspoon amount of finely shredded cheese) w/ W30 balsamic dressing, unsweet tea

M3

Marketplace Grill Cajun Grilled Chicken Breast, sweet potato fries, and grilled vegetable skewer of red pepper red onion, and squash rounds. (Meal NC b/c of cooking oil and fries)

(Travel day with family) yes it could have been better with planning and prep

Critiques welcome and wanted!  Remember, I decided on day 10 to reset my W30.

Day 6 (Weekend Travel)

M1

small apple, few bites of cold chicken

Snack

small bowl of W30 Chili, coffee

M2

coffee and 2 bites of beef jerky

M3

1sliced raw bell pepper with salsa and guacamole for dipping (while my family had chips!) shrimp fajita skillet with peppers and onions and tomatoes (NC bc of the oil) 

(late meal consumed after a stroll turned into a 3 1/2 hour hike!)

Evening Snack

small banana, wedge of pineapple, small serving of  trail mix, 2 slices deli ham rolled up (NC b/c of nitrates)

Day 7 (weekend Travel!)

M1

a bit of trail mix, pineapple wedge, 2 slices deli turkey (NC) wrapped around 4 pepper slices and wedge of avocado

M2 (1:30)

nibble of trail mix after short hike, salad of chopped carrot, celery, tomato, cucumber with balsamic dressing, topped with a Sonic burger (NC) and the pickles lettuce and tomato from the burger.  ( I threw the bun away! everyone else had burgers and fries!)

Snack (3:45)

more salad with canned chicken, green grapes, orange juice 

M3

Lemon Dill pan seared salmon in coconut and olive oil, skillet fried diced potato and broccoli, the remainder of my small bottle of orange juice (finally home)

Day 8

Pre WO

1 slice sausage and 1 fried

Post WO

Frittata or potato, broccoli, salsa, pepper, 2 Pork sausage patties, sliced apple browned in skillet w/ sausage, black coffee, banana

M2

none not hungry at all

M3

Crumbled sausage, potato, pepper, cubed apple sauteed in olive an coconut oil, small l/o chopped veg salad over lettuce and balsamic dressing

Day 9

M1

not hungry but I made myself eat 2 scrambled eggs, green pepper, side of roasted spaghetti squash, salsa

Snack

a hand ful of trail mix (worked thru lunch)

M2 3:00

Hardee's 1/3 lb low carb bunless burger (NC) w/ tomato, pickle onion, lettuce (starving!)

M3 7:30

plate of spaghetti squash with simple jarred marina sauce, scoop of spicy pizza veggie topping (NC b/c veggies were in soybean oil) 3 dried plums 2 little cups of pomegranite applesauce (Compliant I think???)

Day 10

M1

3 scrambled eggs in olive oil, 3 thin slices [recooked bacon (NC because of maple cure-it was nitrate free though-confusing label 0 sugars but stated maple cure??) black coffee

Snack after morning walk

2 halo oranges and  a little trail mix

M2

Spaghetti sqaush w/ pasta sauce, capers, and spicy beggie pizza topping (NC b/c of soybean oil)

M3

no log  IDK must have forgotten.

Yeah, I think the re-set on day10 was wise given the number of non compliant items you'd eaten.

I also think that going forward you need to up the size of your meals, stick to three meals a day (the first within an hour of wakening) & build them to match the recommended meal template with proper foods - ditch the trail mix, the dried fruits & all the other snacky type foods.

You want to teach your body to tap into it's fat stores as fuel. This happens in the 4-5-6hr window between meals. This won't  happen however if you are constantly topping up your sugar stores with snacky foods - and the reason you are doing this is because your meals aren't really composed in a way that will keep you satiated for that length of time.

Fat wise it looks like you're relying on nuts. Nuts are a poor fat source because of their omega 3:6 ratio, plus they are hard on the digestive system & hard to stop eating once you start. You might want to venture into the world of home made mayo, or start using ghee, duck fat, lard, various compliant oils, coconut milk/cream, olives, avocados.... fatty cuts of meat or compliant bacon even.

Notes: Compliant deli meat is almost impossible to find, maple cure bacon will have used maple syrup in the curing process, nitrates are fine for W30 purposes, sulphites are not, and if you really want to get through your 30 days and still have a social life you are going to have to start asking questions. Orange juice is fine for use in cooking, or for adding a dash to water for some flavour, but not for drinking - we'd rather you just ate the orange.

Thank you for the very good feedback. Today I am cutting out snacks.really not sure how I missed this important part of w30. The nuts and trail mix are gone. I don't seem to desire big plates of food, but hopefully when I stop snacking this hunger will return at mealtimes! Most diet plans want you eating every 2 hours! I love to cook and am using w30 recipes more now. My first go at mayo making was a complete liquid fail-but I will try again this week.orange juice was desperation and lack of planning during weekend travel. I was super honest about my fails-no use in lying to myself. Even with all the screw ups I can see (and others can too) and feel tremendous benefits from w30 which motivates me to get better each day.

Day 23 of W50

M1 9:30

3scrambled eggs with onions and peppers. 3 slices bacon, 2cups black coffee

M2 12:30

Bowl of vegetable venison stew over dollop of mashed sweet potatoes.

M3 5:15pm

Bowl of vegetable venison stew over a dollop of mashed sweet potatoes, 3 scrambled eggs over 1 1/2 cups sautéed vegetables-potatoe, zucchini, asparagus, green onion, 1/2 diced avocado.

First day to eat only 3 meals and no snacking! I have also created a schedule to incorporate pre and post workout food on Bootcamp days from this point forward.

I worked out this morning with no pre WO food. Had m1 right after. Will definitely do this differently tomorrow and already planning g my PWO food. I was light headed right before supper. Like a feed my body something maybe even low blood glucose feeling. Did I mention I am full as a tick after eating that supper? Seriously maybe I ate to much! . I definitely won't be snacking this evening. A couple things I learned from blog moderators: i should eat no more than a fist size portion of potatoes/starches per day. I am assuming this would not include the PWO bonus food???

Did you notice I switched to a w50? Since my first 10 days weren't stellar and my 2nd 20 days were better but not great, I am extending to a w50! (Technically a w53!). I feel great without grains and sugar and want to do this correctly. It is truly a lot to take in and process!

Day 24 of W50

Post WO 7:30-1scrambled egg folded over like a handheld egg, black coffee w/ 2 T coconut milk 

Pre WO 9:00-1/2 serving of chicken 1/2 small steamed sweet potato

M1 10:00- 3/4 of a huge salad of kale, spinach, lettuce, asparagus, 1/2 avocado, boiled egg, can of tuna, chimmichurri sauce  

M2 2:00- 1/4 of the salad from lunch that I couldn't finish at lunch with added 2 slices of deli ham, big bowl veggie venison stew, black coffee with 2 T Coconut milk, 3 kalmata olives, banana

M3 6:00-  Shrimp with W30 Marinara over roasted Spaghetti squash

My appetite is not big today.  I forced the WO food down and opted for a M1 salad because I wasn't too hungry.  I worked in the yard following my M1 and felt weak.  Not strong.  In fact I took a nap!  The time change could also be a factor! When M2 time came around I was not hungry.  Ate a banana to help with energy.  Ya'll is pretty outside and I didn't have the stamina to work out there all day! I am athletic so this irritates me! I hope this weakness feeling goes away soon.  My friend noticed my skinnier legs today, but i can't help wondering if I am losing too much muscle tone!  Im giving this 3 meal a day thing a try, with obedience to the PWO snacks, however I have a sneaking feeling that I will need more fruit or something to keep me going energy wise (not appetite wise)  I am going with fish tonight since I doubt I will be hungry again.  

I worked out this morning with no pre WO food. Had m1 right after. Will definitely do this differently tomorrow and already planning g my PWO food. I was light headed right before supper. Like a feed my body something maybe even low blood glucose feeling. Did I mention I am full as a tick after eating that supper? Seriously maybe I ate to much! . I definitely won't be snacking this evening. A couple things I learned from blog moderators: i should eat no more than a fist size portion of potatoes/starches per day. I am assuming this would not include the PWO bonus food???

You should eat *at least* a fist sized serving of starchy veg per day. This does not include any starches post WO.

Did you notice I switched to a w50? Since my first 10 days weren't stellar and my 2nd 20 days were better but not great, I am extending to a w50! (Technically a w53!). I feel great without grains and sugar and want to do this correctly. It is truly a lot to take in and process!

If you're adding days on rather than re-starting after eating non compliant foodfs you should at the very least leave 30 days between eating the NC foods & reintroducing them.

Day 24 of W50

Post WO 7:30-1scrambled egg folded over like a handheld egg, black coffee w/ 2 T coconut milk 

Pre WO 9:00-1/2 serving of chicken 1/2 small steamed sweet potato

M1 10:00- 3/4 of a huge salad of kale, spinach, lettuce, asparagus, 1/2 avocado, boiled egg, can of tuna, chimmichurri sauce  

M2 2:00- 1/4 of the salad from lunch that I couldn't finish at lunch with added 2 slices of deli ham, big bowl veggie venison stew, black coffee with 2 T Coconut milk, 3 kalmata olives, banana

M3 6:00-  Shrimp with W30 Marinara over roasted Spaghetti squash

My appetite is not big today.  I forced the WO food down and opted for a M1 salad because I wasn't too hungry.  I worked in the yard following my M1 and felt weak.  Not strong.  In fact I took a nap!  The time change could also be a factor! When M2 time came around I was not hungry.  Ate a banana to help with energy.  Ya'll is pretty outside and I didn't have the stamina to work out there all day! I am athletic so this irritates me! I hope this weakness feeling goes away soon.  My friend noticed my skinnier legs today, but i can't help wondering if I am losing too much muscle tone!  Im giving this 3 meal a day thing a try, with obedience to the PWO snacks, however I have a sneaking feeling that I will need more fruit or something to keep me going energy wise (not appetite wise)  I am going with fish tonight since I doubt I will be hungry again.  

The recommendation for pre WO would be protein & fat. No carbs as eating carbs at this time will provide your body with an instant supply of sugar to burn when you are trying to teach your body to burn fat. Leave the starchy veg for postWO - and don't skip the postWO (particularly if you thnk you might be losing too much weight) as this when your muscles need food most.

Check your deli ham for off plan ingredients - compliant deli ham is practically an urban myth.

Ham is scratched! Thank you. I ate the egg and coffee before workout and the chicken potato after. Recorded it wrong. Didn't eat any of my planned supper. Just not hungry! Point taken on the restart. Back to Day 1. I just don't discount all the good things that have happened in the first 22 days regardless of the NC foods.

Day 1 3/16

meal 1

2 scrambled eggs w/ crumbled ground pork coffee with coconut milk

meal 2

steamed sweet potato, ghee, crumbled ground pork

meal 3

same as meal 2

no appetite today.

Day 2 3/17

prewo 7:30

couple bites of chicken. coffee w/coconut milk

postwo 9:00

1/2 small cold sweet potato, serving of chicken, banana

meal1 10:30

2 scrambled eggs in coconut oil, 1/2 serving of l/o roasted carrots and green beans, small apple

meal 2 4:00

5 scrambled eggs in ghee with handfuls of kale mix, diced potato, peppers, a few chopped olives and hot sauce.

meal 3 6:00

spaghetti squash topped with w30 marinara sauce loaded with ground venison and drizzle of olive oil

Weak workout today.  Leg cramps last night and during workout stretch. No appetite for meal 2 until later which caused m2 and m3 to be too close together.  i could have skipped m3 but i am working out in the morning so I ate it.

Archived