Reaction symptoms

ShirleyP

I previously posted because I reintoduced corn...because I'm only going to reintroduce things I miss to see how they impact me. It is now apparent I have a sensitivity to it, but how long do symptoms tend to last? I know each person is different, but I had popcorn Saturday night, and yesterday was tired, headachey, itching and had hives. Today, my morning energy was back, but I had horrid horrid stomach/bathroom issues. I do have IBS, so I know I'm super sensitive but never did I imagine I was this sensitive to something I used to eat frequently!

• Moderators

We advise leaving two days between reintroduction tests even if you don't have any symptoms. In your case, you need to stay Whole30-compliant until you feel great again. I don't know how long that will be. It sounds like another couple of days at least. 

Thanks for replying! I definitely had a minimum of two days planned in between but I'm in no hurry to reintroduce anything. I'm actually glad I decided to separate the non gluten grains, I'll probably do the same with others. Hopefully it won't be much longer before I'm feeling great again!

Archived