March 16th, the first day of my new life!

SarinaLR

Woot!  I just ate a lovely breakfast and had a cup of plain black coffee.  I'm totally excited right now!  Convinced one of the girls at work to do this with me, but she seems wishy washy, so I'm depending on this instead.  Hopefully she actually does it. 

I've got two main goals (one of which feels like I have no control over, I guess I'm just hoping)

1st - Weight loss and fitness level!  I'll also be working out before work on workdays, and as permits on the weekends.  Typically if it doesn't permit on the weekend it's because I'm out doing something physical and fun so I figure that's a great place to start.  Work days for me are Mon. - Thurs. so I feel like that's totally doable. 

2nd - My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for just under 3 years.  Turns out I don't ovulate.  I've been seeing an eastern medicine practitioner who had me go off of gluten last fall and I did ovulate a few times in a row.  Then around Christmas I let it go, and I haven't ovulated since!  Gah!  So I'm hoping this will help me with my reset there so I can first ovulate, and second get pregnant without all the crazy side effects of those "super fun time" drugs. 

Alright!  Wish me luck!  I've got spaghetti via spaghetti squash for lunch and I packed a banana and a hard boiled egg just in case.  Tonight we're having finger steaks and potatoes and carrots.

Hey I started today too and I also had a terrible time getting pregnant (we tried off and on for 6 years). What finally did it for me was acupuncture. Not sure if you've tired it but worth looking into. I know several people who've had infertility issues (for whatever reason) who've had great success and gotten preggers after acupuncture. I was skeptical at first as i grew up with a doctor and nurse in a very western medicine type household but so glad i finally got over my hangups.

Good luck to you I hope it happens for you and kick some whole30 butt!

Yes!  That's actually what I've been doing that got me to ovulate, she's the one who also told me to stop the gluten.  I figure getting rid of everything on the whole 30 list definitely wont hurt.  Especially since I fell off the wagon.

Fortunately so far I haven't really been feeling too bad.  I'd say my super witch mood happened on day 1 and I've been much better since, except for the really really tired thing.  I'm used to having far too much caffeine. 

Thanks for the encouragement!  I need it for sure!

Yeah I feel like I'm doing okay too although, I have had fruit a couple hours after dinner both nights but I just find that because I'm breastfeeding i'm starving if i don't. It's especially bad during the middle of the night feedings. I feel like this is a cheat maybe but honestly I'm too tired to make 4 meals a day as the program suggests. Hope I'm not shooting myself in the foot but I'm in survival mode! Ha!

Glad you are feeling good! Keep it up I look forward to hearing how its going for you.

Archived