Starting on March 20th, first day of Spring

TFranklin5409

I bought the Whole 30 book last summer, read it, got excited, put it on the book shelf and just took it back out today.  Let me back up just a little bit. 

Back in 2014 my nutritionist helped me realize I was a carb addict and with her help and guidance I was able to lose almost 45 pounds.  I felt SO good, so much more energy, etc.  My husband and I went on a much needed vacation, had a wonderful time and then came home and I slowly slipped back into my old ways of eating.  I had gone from a size 26 jeans to a size 18 (and could get into the 16's but they were snug). 

Yesterday I put on my 20's that I've been wearing and they are almost too tight :(  I decided then that I MUST get serious and get back on track so here I am.  I have just over 100 pounds to lose so this is going to be quite a journey for me and I will need all the encouragement I can get.

I will be working on clearing out all the junk in the house between now and the weekend.  Friday is payday and I plan to stock up on only good stuff.  I know it will be hard.  I've become addicted to carbs again, including sodas which I KNOW are bad for me for so many reasons.  I have to do this though, not for anyone else but for myself.

Looking forward to the journey and praying for strength to take it all the way this time.

I'm starting on the 20th as well!  You should check out the thread "Starting March 21..." since there seems to be at least a handful of people that will be starting just 1 day after we do.  Good luck to you...we can do this!!

Mindy

Archived