Starting March 18, 2016 with full-on menopause at age 49

sherryf

I am desperate to find something that will help with my menopausal symptoms of big belly and hot flashes. I have followed a fairly low carb lifestyle my whole adult life, but recently the pounds are creeping on and won't go away especially around my mid-section no matter what I try. I am very frustrated. I hope this plan with bring my body back into balance.

Hey, everyone, I am a menopausal woman in a similar situation. Since starting the plan 18 days ago, my hot flashes ended. My belly is half the size of when my daughter snapped my 'before whole30' picture. The freaky thing is, I feel full all the time. If you take the effort to make a few of the special starchy-feeling recipes--like the garlic cauliflower mash in the Whole30 Cookbook, or the Asian cauliflower rice from NomNom Paleo--you can satisfy the starch urge.  I put half a baked sweet potato on my plate at breakfast rather than toast. Regular healthy protein is the key. Think eggs.

That's awesome, Marylandgal! Thanks for the tips too. Keep up the good work. You are almost there! I sure hope it helps with the hot flashes. I've read a lot of posts that have said that they get worse! We are living in Mexico for five months in order to see whether we would like to live here and I think that if it wasn't for the hot flashes I could learn to deal with the heat.

How did you do, Heidi? I'm still going strong on day two. It's actually day three for me since I started before signing up. Living in a forgoing country has made it a bit tricky. I don't have an oven, only a stove top, so that eliminates a lot of recipes. I want to get a crockpot, so maybe that will help.

Keep up the good work, ladies!

Archived