April 1st!!

Debr

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@HealthyForPNG are you doing a full 30 now?

Most likely not. I posted about our situation here: http://forum.whole30.com/topic/35799-is-a-reintro-going-to-be-possible/ Briefly, we are leaving the country in 21 days, and between travel and being back in the first world for the first time in almost 2 years, I'm not sure that I can eat compliantly once we get to Australia. However, after this experience I will certainly be working hard to stay compliant, and avoiding gluten and dairy as much as possible.

I completely understand that doing a full 30 days and real reintroductions would be very helpful in determining exactly what I'm sensitive to, but given the issues discussed in the post above, I'm going to have to do the best I can.

• Moderators

Most likely not. I posted about our situation here: http://forum.whole30.com/topic/35799-is-a-reintro-going-to-be-possible/ Briefly, we are leaving the country in 21 days, and between travel and being back in the first world for the first time in almost 2 years, I'm not sure that I can eat compliantly once we get to Australia. However, after this experience I will certainly be working hard to stay compliant, and avoiding gluten and dairy as much as possible.

I completely understand that doing a full 30 days and real reintroductions would be very helpful in determining exactly what I'm sensitive to, but given the issues discussed in the post above, I'm going to have to do the best I can.

I totally understand why you're not doing the Whoile30 now but we ask that you refrain from talking about the offplan foods you're eating on the 'Join the Whole30' threads, it gets very confusing for new people who don't understand why you're eating dairy and sweets if they don't go back to other posts. Please continue to hang out with these groups and provide support and comraderie, but keep the off plan stuff off okay? I"m editing your post that mentions the off plan stuff to avoid further confusion.

Hey guys! Since I wasn't able to finish out my April Whole30 with all of you due to my circumstances, I think I'm going to bow out of this thread. I will still read, and might post just to encourage you guys, but I won't be sharing my own experiences on here, since I'm no longer in the same place you are. It will make things a bit less confusing, I think. If I decide to post on the forums, I'll probably show up in the "Whole30 while pregnant or nursing" or the "Off track/Staying on track" forum.

Good luck to all of you as you finish up! Less than a week to go!!!

How is everyone doing??? Are you all still in it? It's day 23, and I am feeling great!

I'm still hanging on and feeling really good!  I can't believe it's day 26 and I'm still going strong!  Tomorrow is my first test of dining out, which I have avoided like the plague because I didn't know if I could do it.  I'll be going to a diner for lunch and will be getting a dry burger wrapped in lettuce with a side salad (bringing my own Tessemae's dressing).  I feel like I need the experience of dining out on Whole 30 to prove to myself that it's possible and I can do it.  

How is everyone doing??? Are you all still in it? It's day 23, and I am feeling great!

I'm doing great. Excited that I've made it this far with very few issues. I'm so happy I took on the whole30 challenge. I've seen so many great victories that I'm definitely planning to do another round I'm June. I plan on using May as a reintro period then right back into another round. Sticking to the program can be somewhat pricey and time consuming especially having to fix your meals but the rewards far outweigh the inconveniences. I have more energy, I'm not groggy, 'hazy' or ANGRY when I'm tired, my clothes fit better, overall I'm a happier person and most importantly I have seen little to no seasonal allergies. I can't express how much I appreciate stumbling on to this plan. Going forward, my diet will centre around the healthier eating habits I've learned. One big lesson I've learned is to always be prepared for unexpected changes in my day by packing an extra meal.. There were two occasions when my day got extended quite longer than I planned and as a result of dizziness I had to get an off plan item.

Congrats to everyone that's made it this far, those who will make it farther and even to those who didn't make it. We've all tried doing what's best for us and our bodies so even 1 day on whole30 was a day our bodies appreciated.

Hey all

Doing well here.  I am continuing on past Sunday (after I weigh myself).  I am committed to another 30 days before I re-evaluate.  I just committed to a Masters Crossfit competition in October and I know that good fuel for training is essential.  Also, every bit of weight loss is easier on the joints doing a competition.  Training starts now!

I always try to complete day 30 and do my analysis (weight, measurements) on day 31 to give it the full 30 days so I will weigh on the 1st.

Cheers

DJ

Hey all...

Hope you all are doing well.  I was down 8.8Lbs (4 Kg) over the month and this is pretty typical for me for a W30 cycle.  I am continuing on with my W60+ and feeling pretty good.  Hope that all of you are either continuing or doing formal re-introductions.  Lessons learned through W30 have helped me steer my life and have served me well.

Keep up the good fight!!!

DJ

Archived