April 1st!!

Debr

I need to get in on this. I have already started migrating back to Whole30 meals, but I have found I am usually not successful unless I have a community to help keep me honest. I have completed 3 full Whole30s and a Whole100, and a countless number of Whole5-15s. However - I have NEVER managed to actually do a real re-introduction. I too eat ALL THE THINGS as soon as I have hit my end point. So my biggest goal for this go-round is actually my re-intro process. Also to focus on how much better I feel working out when I am eating right.

My biggest key to success - aside from the forum - are to do a big cookup each weekend. Then I put a big list on the fridge of everything compliant I have to eat in the house. The less I have to think the better. Also, I pack my lunches the night before so I don't get rushed in the morning and wind up taking nothing and having to make a crummy choice midday.

Good luck everyone!

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow!! Thank you all for responding and getting in on this thread! I am excited and now that Easter has given me my fill on SUGAR, I feel gross right now and want to hit this hard!! I am going to complete a menu and shopping list for the 1st week. Thank you for all the helpful tips, keep them coming.....good luck everyone, let's do this!!

I'm starting my 2nd Whole30 April 1 :) I did my first back in 2013, just shortly after the birth of my 5th child. I told myself it wasn't about losing weight, but when I didn't actually lose weight, it was much more discouraging than I expected it to be. In hindsight, I'm sure it was mostly because I was postpartum and breastfeeding. I also had an entire lifetime of unhealthy eating to overcome.

I'm pregnant with my 6th child and have been eating "healthier". But I get constant decision fatigue... "Can I have a cookie today? What about 3 cookies? 6 cookies? Is soda ever ok? What about bread?"

This time I am focusing entirely on giving myself and my baby the best nutrients possible.

We live in Papua New Guinea, and will be going to Australia for the birth, so I hope I don't crash hard into first world and restaurant junk food. If I do, I'm still not going to consider this a lost cause.

My last Whole30 helped me understand better what healthy eating looks and tastes like, and I feel confident that another 30 days (or more - I'd love to continue until the middle of May when we leave for Australia) will help cement that even further.

I'm starting my 2nd Whole30 April 1 :) I did my first back in 2013, just shortly after the birth of my 5th child. I told myself it wasn't about losing weight, but when I didn't actually lose weight, it was much more discouraging than I expected it to be. In hindsight, I'm sure it was mostly because I was postpartum and breastfeeding. I also had an entire lifetime of unhealthy eating to overcome.

I'm pregnant with my 6th child and have been eating "healthier". But I get constant decision fatigue... "Can I have a cookie today? What about 3 cookies? 6 cookies? Is soda ever ok? What about bread?"

This time I am focusing entirely on giving myself and my baby the best nutrients possible.

We live in Papua New Guinea, and will be going to Australia for the birth, so I hope I don't crash hard into first world and restaurant junk food. If I do, I'm still not going to consider this a lost cause.

My last Whole30 helped me understand better what healthy eating looks and tastes like, and I feel confident that another 30 days (or more - I'd love to continue until the middle of May when we leave for Australia) will help cement that even further.

I also have 6 children!

We are starting on April 1 as a family. We all have some leaky gut symptoms, and sugar addictions, so I am praying we can stay on plan. I will be working on a meal plan for the first couple of weeks, and going shopping this week to fit that plan.

I am planning to start April 1st! My boyfriend is on board as well so I am hoping we can support each other through the 30 days! My name is Samantha, I live in Vermont and am excited to learn new recipes that don't always involve dairy and grains. My boyfriend is still struggling with some adult acne, hoping to see some improvements and I would like to kick that all too common 2pm haze that comes over me at work. Losing a little winter weight would also be a plus! 

I too, am starting on April 1st with my husband and two year old! We cant wait, as this is our second Whole30 (January was our first) and we felt incredible during and after. But since, we've slipped some so we'd like to get back on track. Now that it's finally warming up here, we will be able to be a little more active outside! Yay!

I discovered the whole30 and paleo after losing my 3 day old son to SIDS. It was kind of a knee jerk reaction to find every way possible to be as healthy as possible, but to be honest, it totally turned our lives around. Not only do we now have "dietary" peace but we also have emotional peace. I've been able to completely quit all of my medications and we've even lost some weight! It's a truly amazing lifestyle. So that's my story.

Anyway, we've already prepped the house and nearly finished "disposing" of all the off plan foodstuffs. Friday here we come! Can't wait to do this with y'all! And I'm here if anyone needs any help or support!

Best of luck!

I also have 6 children!

We are starting on April 1 as a family. We all have some leaky gut symptoms, and sugar addictions, so I am praying we can stay on plan. I will be working on a meal plan for the first couple of weeks, and going shopping this week to fit that plan.

That's awesome! We are a small club ;) It's so great that your family is on board. All of my children have food allergy symptoms - 3 who can't tolerate dairy at all, 3 with asthma, several with eczema and bowel issues. But my husband is NOT on board, and I learned after trying to make everyone do it with me last time that I don't have enough will power for myself and all the rest of them too. So I will be cooking mostly compliant meals, and already send the kids complaint lunches most of the time, but I know there will be non-compliant things in the house too.

We have several friends who have done strict Eat to Live (no salt or oil, no meat), and I keep telling my husband it could be a lot worse. I'm not going to ask him to give up meat!

Can you share your experience with making clarified butter?? I would love to learn how to do that. Butter is really difficult for me to give up!!

It was super easy. Took a total of roughly 5 mins. I used salted butter since I plan on not using any additional salt in my meals, placed it in a deep sauce pan and left it on min until it melted and started a slight boil then I poured the 'butter' off the milk fat into a butter dish and that was it. It was honestly a lot easier than I had anticipated.

I am planning on starting my first Whole 30 on April 1st. My motivation is to learn healthier habits so that i can lead a healthier life for my one year old daughter and to get back into shape since having my baby last year. Looking forward to using this community for support and encouragement.

Hey! I start April 1st also! I have a really huge commitment problem when I say I'm going to do things, so I'm really worried about the self-motivation and discipline when I start to feel cranky from detox. Just ordered spices I saw recommended on pinterest that are Whole30 friendly! :)

I want to join the group!

I did the Whole 30 in January and felt amazing.  I slept well and had endless energy.  Sadly, some of my old habits have crept back and I want to get back to feeling the way I did.  So I'm in for April 1st.

It's so worth it!

Hi.  I am excited to start my second whole30, but it will be my first successful one.  I started in March, which was ill-planned on my part.  I t was my birthday, Spring Break out of state and now I am on vacation finishing a five day vacation.  I have been Paleo since 2013 and have gained amazing health benefits since that time.  I initially lost a ton if weight, but I was so new to paleo that I didn't really know what I was doing that was working.  The weight slowly crept up and so here I am.

For medical reasons, I had to weigh myself mid-March and I saw I lost five pounds.  Knowing that information was the worst thing ever.  I think I kind of felt it was already over and I went into this vacation feeling like I could indulge, which led to more indulging, which led...

Anyway, I am very excited for April and hope we can use each other as resources and as an accountability tool.  Is, too, was wondering.  Do we just continue this thread for the entire month?

Hi everyone! 

I am also starting my first W30 on April 1st. I'm a little nervous about it but I'm ready to start feeling better. I have food sensitivities but no diagnosed food allergies. I've noticed before that when I eat certain things I have trouble breathing and my back will start to hurt. 

My boyfriend does Brazilian jiu jitsu, is super active, and is probably more excited about this than I am.... easy for him considering I'll be making all of his food! 

I've suffered from eczema on my legs for a long time and now it has spread to my arms and stomach so I'm hoping that is something that will clear up when I change my habits. 

I'm thinking about blogging my way thru it to keep me more accountable but I haven't decided yet. 

Hi everyone!

I am also starting my first W30 on April 1st. I'm a little nervous about it but I'm ready to start feeling better. I have food sensitivities but no diagnosed food allergies. I've noticed before that when I eat certain things I have trouble breathing and my back will start to hurt.

My boyfriend does Brazilian jiu jitsu, is super active, and is probably more excited about this than I am.... easy for him considering I'll be making all of his food!

I've suffered from eczema on my legs for a long time and now it has spread to my arms and stomach so I'm hoping that is something that will clear up when I change my habits.

I'm thinking about blogging my way thru it to keep me more accountable but I haven't decided yet.

I don't see why we couldn't just stay on this thread to keep up with and support each other. We are already here anyway!

I'm going to start on April 1 also.  I successfully completed a Whole 30 in May/June of 2014, but I have not been able to complete a full Whole 30 since then.  When I cook, it's Paleo, but too often I give in to cravings and just eat crap--sugar, gluten, grains.  So this time, I'm going to go back to what worked in 2014 and plan my meals for the week in advance, do a cookup on Sunday, and start my day reading the Whole 30 daily emails (that I saved from 2014).  I'm excited about the Forum being a source of inspiration and accountability so that I'll stick with it this time.  Thanks!

I'm starting April 1st as well! Going to purge my pantry this week!

Good luck! That was the hardest part for me! I have 2 boxes of non compliant food that I am taking to friends this week and I still have to tackle my spice cabinet which I'm not looking forward to. 

Archived