TOMORROW! March 21st

bookshopgirl

Hello all,

I'm just your everyday college girl who's tired of feeling tired, bloated, and lethargic all the time. I try to eat heathfully, but between chugging coffee to stay awake, grabbing pizza before a party, and drinking on the weekends, I feel like I've let my health fall down on my priority list. Well no more! I've always wanted to try the paleo diet, but I've always thought that it wouldn't be possible in college. However, I've decided that I am at a point in my life where I need some change. So I've been making some radical changes lately. I signed up for a marathon in August, and I'm now committing to the 30 days of clean, whole eating for this program. This is going to be tough, so if you have words of advice, wisdom, or kindness, send them my way. 

There are 3 areas that I think are going to be hardest for me to complete:

1. Coffee: I love coffee. SO. MUCH. But I've committed to a 2:1 ratio, 2 cups of water to each cup of coffee. I've also committed to start drinking my coffee black, with no added flavoring or sweeteners whatsoever.

2. Drinking: Not that I'm a crazy party goer, but 30 days without alcohol in college is going to be tough. I plan on telling my close friends that I have committed to clean eating, but I think that I'm just going to tell everyone else that I've been having liver issues and that I simply cannot drink anymore! If anyone has tips for getting out of the social pressures of drinking, let me know :)

3. Social eating: Ordering pizza with friends, going out to get Indian food, or the various other social events that involve food will now be off limits to me. As someone who loves getting lunch, dinner, and other meals with all of my many friends, this is going to be a tricky situation to navigate.

So, here I go! Please get in touch, because I would love to connect with some other members of the community, and wish me luck!!!

XOXOXOXOXO

bookshopgirl

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there! I also started on 3/21 and had mostly the same worries as you, especially because I live in the NW (Portland area) and it has been so rainy this season we couldn't wait for Spring to frequent our favorite pubs and eateries... there is so much great food here! I hope you are doing well and staying motivated despite your busy schedule!

A tip for social drinking - if the liver thing is getting old and you don't want people worried about you, start taking your own beverages, totally approved mocktails, that is what I am doing. People see you with a drink and don't even ask. They only ask and pressure if you are "clearly obstaining"....

Best of luck!!  :P

Archived