Whole30 and counting

AshaRocks

So my goals were to see what would change in my body and mind. 

I completed my 30 days on March 16 but decided to continue until Easter. What I have noticed is that I've never slept this good since I could remember. I was a very restless sleeper, now I'm out until my alarm rings. When I wake up in the morning I'm full of energy and it continues throughout the day. My first week I was having really bad headaches due to sugar withdrawals, I know it was from the sugar because I drank a glass of orange juice during my journey and got the worst headache of life. I have less bloating and my little stomach pouch is getting flatter every day. My skin is glowing. I work out 4 times a week. I decided to weigh in on Day 31.... and the results.... A WHOPPING 18 pounds!!! Totally stoked. I plan on keeping what I learned and implementing it as a new lifestyle change. Oh yea and sweet potatoes with almond butter is AMAZING. So is beef and broccoli!

My wife and I finished our first Whole30 and have enjoyed this so much, we've decided that while we can have the occasional "other food", we're going to stick with this.  For me, I have lost an entire shirt size - from a large to a medium - and a pant size - 32 tight to 32 quite loose but not a 30 yet - and a half a ring size which resulted in my having to buy a new wedding ring.  My wife has lost some weight, but more fat.  She now fits in jewelry that she hasn't worn in years and even had to have her engagement ring sized too.

I'm on several medications for high blood pressure, cholesterol, asthma, allergies and for GERD.  I'm slowly getting off of them because of how bad I was before I changed my diet.  I know years of poor eating won't go away in 30 days, but now I have hope and the fact I helped drop my last 10 pounds by cutting out junk is amazing to me!

People are saying how I look good and are amazed when they see us eating food prepared at home on our lunch break (we work at the same place too).  I hear all the time, "I could never eat like that!!"  I tell people that I didn't think I could either, but here I am and I love it!

Our next challenge is when we go to California in a few months to see my niece and making sure we eat as Whole30 compliant as we can.  We can do this and we will!

Archived