Meat "Pie"

MrsNuggs

• Administrators

These are really just patties baked in a muffin tin, I see no issue with it.  Make sure that the coconut flour is used minimally just to "dry/stiffen" the meat rather than to recreate a baked good.

If it was me I would just form patties and bake them on a cookie sheet or grill them on your bbq. Then you don't have to wash meat residue out of your muffin tin.

;)

• Moderators

I'd just say, you don't really need the coconut flour for this, you can make meat muffins without it and they'll hold together just fine.  If you were adding a bunch of veggies to it (like these spinach meat muffins) you might want egg to help hold it together, but just the meat on its own holds its shape just fine, just like burger patties or meatballs would -- and if you add too much coconut flour to stuff, it ends up dry, which would be my worry with this.

So, you could do this, but I'm not sure I personally would, when there are easier ways to do it, that don't require the added expense of coconut flour.

• Administrators

if you add too much coconut flour to stuff, it ends up dry, which would be my worry with this.

Good point!  I always put about a tbsp into my turkey burgers but it's normally because I'm using frozen and then defrosted meat which tends to be really wet/sticky and I have a heck of a time with it not sagging between the grill rails.  I did turkey burgers last night but instead of using the meat room temperature (ya, I defrost all day on the counter and then cook it...not ideal food safety, probably) I used fridge temperature defrosted meat and they didn't need the coconut flour at all!  :)

Archived