Bad to jump on the scale early????

I do not own a scale. I last weighed myself at my mom's house, about 2 weeks pre-Whole30.

The primary reason I am doing Whole30 was not to lose weight (though I need to) but to incorporate healthier habits, get myself to eat better, and out less, and inspire myself to cook. This has totally happened. YAY!

But I can't help but be curious to see if I have lost any weight! And I am going to be at my mom's this weekend, so same scale, and I will be on day 26. Otherwise, it may be even a few more weeks until I have the opportunity to weigh myself again.

Thoughts on if I should jump on early, just looking for others opinions!

Sorry, but it's a rule, and it's a rule for a reason.

What would happen if on day 26 you hadn't lost any weight? Would you throw your head up & eat cake? Would you get stressed over the number? Would you see the remainder of the 30 days through?

Many people see most of the magic in the very final stages - at day 26 you might not be there yet.

I only lost 1.5 pounds, but I know that water weight fluctuates, so I don't know if I *actually* lost weight, or if it was just fluctuating. It doesn't really matter, I find this way of eating MUCH better and healthier. I feel better, I think I look better and my cystic acne cleared up! So, 30 days is probably not enough time for me to drop any significant weight. I'm on day 32 and doing the slow roll reintroduction. Very slow! I had a sip of beer last night. A sip! There are cookies in my fridge, candy in my office bowl, ice cream in my freezer. And my attitude towards them is... Meh. Which is a huge deal for me. Although I did see a recipe for raspberry coconut macaroons. I'd like to try them, but without sugar. My body doesn't need the sugar, and I'd really like to avoid it for the most part.

So... I'm pretty much a convert to this way of eating. It's simpler, healthier and I like it more than I imagined. And, of course, I hope that I do continue to lose weight, especially since I have now become fat-adapted. :)

I hear what you're saying. It's curiosity to see if what we're doing is actually going to make a difference on the scale, when in actuality, what we're doing is really making a difference in our lives by becoming more healthier. 

I'd say keep your focus on your changes and don't allow the curiosity get the best of you. ;)

Archived