Moving right along!

katieblue

I completely agree with you that over-analyzing reintros can get challenging. I guess that's why the slow roll, like you're doing, is the most effective way to figure it out. You might have to try something a couple of times to really get any conclusive evidence of what's making you flare up. And unfortunately sometimes that means making yourself uncomfortable repeatedly. Talk about patience!

I LOVE that your allergies have decreased so much!! Talk about a massive NSV that really improves the quality of your life!

I've actually noticed the same thing. While my boyfriend has had a headache and is taking meds nearly daily, I've been like, "Hmm, my head's a little fuzzy... but I'm totally okay." Like, I can still function as a person, I'm not lying down in agony or squinting through a headache.

Sounds like you might be an abstainer, not a moderator, also like me - if you know something's just a "no, I'm not having that", it's easier to walk away from! But if it's like, "well, I could...technically..." you start to waver! I know my grandma made deviled eggs for an appetizer at dinner yesterday, which she knows are one of my favorites (I don't know how she does it, just one of those magical grandma cooking secrets, I guess), but it was fairly easy to just be like, "I'm sorry, I can't have one right now." Whereas I'm pretty sure if I wasn't strictly in the beginning of a Whole30, I would have been like, "Oh, all right, I'll have one" just because they're delicious. But we're learning -- food does not rule us, we rule our lives, and food is just a facet. You don't need the chocolate chips! Just like I don't need the Cadbury eggs everyone decided to buy me for Easter gifts this year! :P

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ya'll I can't keep up. I have missed so much that I literally am taking notes - new podcast, new recipes, who restarted on 4/1... lol. We are super busy at work the past few weeks and I can hardly function for the increased workload and political mess that is going on right now. :blink:  ANYWAY.

I just want to know - if there is one thing that you ate during your whole30 round that made you think - ok, this is worth it because we get to eat amazing food - what is that one recipe for you? For me (and my husband) it's this one, which I think we have had at least once a week: http://meljoulwan.com/2011/04/29/stovetop-pork-carnitas/

Also - you all have been talking about a recipe for cabbage rolls but I didn't see a recipe - does somebody have that so I can see what we are talking about? :)

I'm still here, sitting back and cheering you all on. Just stopping by to say hello! ;)

Hey lady! Nice to see you again! No stress about keeping up, just jump in wherever! Promise we won't get mad if you accidentally ignore us. ;)

I actually had someone else recommend those stovetop carnitas, too. We made it in the crock pot and then fried it all up so it got crispy after it was pulled, so we used a different method. But now that I see another vote for that one, I may have to try it... all her recipes just intimidate me, they seem so involved!

Yet, the cabbage rolls were involved, too, and I did it (AND they were SO worth it. Definitely in my Top 5 favorite Whole30 recipes. Mostly because of the dressing. Yummmmm.)

I think so far, this BBQ chicken has been my favorite. It's not hard at all to make, and it doesn't actually taste like BBQ chicken, but it is ssssoooo great and unlike anything I've ever had before. I really have been thinking about it since we made it, which was right at the beginning! It was especially great inside a sweet potato. :wub:

Ya'll I can't keep up. I have missed so much that I literally am taking notes - new podcast, new recipes, who restarted on 4/1... lol. We are super busy at work the past few weeks and I can hardly function for the increased workload and political mess that is going on right now. :blink: ANYWAY.

I just want to know - if there is one thing that you ate during your whole30 round that made you think - ok, this is worth it because we get to eat amazing food - what is that one recipe for you? For me (and my husband) it's this one, which I think we have had at least once a week: http://meljoulwan.com/2011/04/29/stovetop-pork-carnitas/

Also - you all have been talking about a recipe for cabbage rolls but I didn't see a recipe - does somebody have that so I can see what we are talking about? :)

I'm still here, sitting back and cheering you all on. Just stopping by to say hello! ;)[/quote

Hi! Glad you stopped by! I feel the same way, I never have enough time to reply like I'd wasn't to! But that's OK, just come in when you can, it's good to hear from you.

Katie made the cabbage rolls for St Patrick's day and put links to them on the thread we used during our whole 30. I'm on my phone right now, so can't link it, but I think she posted them a day or two before march 17. I want to make them, too! They sound great and keep sounding better with the rave reviews.

The pork carnitas were awesome I agree!

I also really enjoyed the walnut crusted pork tenderloin from the whole 30 book. So tender and flavorful. And I paired it with asparagus in lemon ghee sauce and perfect roasted sweet potatoes.

katie, it's great you've seen allergy improvements too!  Definitely a good NSV!  An abstainer, not a moderator, is a perfect definition - thanks for that.  I'm learning that I'm having a great deal of difficulty with that when it comes to chocolate.  When I finish my reintros and start my next W30 on May 1st, I'm hoping I'll be able to kick that to the curb along with the "need" to weigh myself twice a day.  Yep, fell right back into that one.  Always something to work on . . . .

bwilliams, don't worry about being able to keep up.  It's really hard to try to respond to everyone, but it seems we have a pretty good flow of conversation here nonetheless.  It's just nice to have you here when you're able!  :)  As for recipes, I loved the pork carnitas but my kids found them to be too spicy.  The Rogan Josh from the Well Fed cookbook (by Mel Joulwan) was a smash hit with the whole family (sorry I don't have a link to it).  I checked the book out from the library but haven't checked her website to see if the recipe is there or not. 

Kalina, I hope the dairy goes well for you and symptoms are mild!

katie, good luck with the late-Easter dinner.  It sounds like your plan will work well and is similar to what I did for Easter dinner too. 

wendy, let's stay connected on starting again on May 1st.  We can follow along with one another.

The wild rice may not be my friend.  I went to bed last night with a minor headache and some ick running back behind my nose.  Still the same this morning.  It's my first headache or inkling of sinus drainage since beginning W30 on Feb. 22.  I'm having meal #2 with the rice for breakfast and am not taking anything to combat the headache or drainage because I want to stay very aware of what it feels like, not try to mask it.  If it continues, I won't bother with the rice in a third meal but will instead cross it off of my future foods list.  It's so good to learn this stuff!

Rice is off of my future food list.  Too much bubbling going on in my belly yesterday and through the night.  :blink:   I'm not too sad because rice wasn't much of a staple anyway and so there's no feeling that I'll be missing out.  I'm just glad to have the information. 

Yay Kalina, I hope it's worth it!! I definitely missed cheese so hardcore for so long. But then when I had some feta on my salad like I'd been dying for, I was kinda like, well, it's yummy, but eh, it was still just as good without it. Now I have yet to try cheese on a burger but I know I do still really want that whenever we have burgers.. And chunks of cheese on platters with cured meats would be super hard to resist too. So I agree with you, I think a little bloating would still be so worth it.

Jen, I think the "working" part is going to keep getting easier. Look how self aware you are compared to before you started. Look at everything you learned about yourself and your body.

The scale addiction is as strong as the sugar addiction, sometimes I think. Maybe ask someone to hide it for you? That's what I had to do at first! Now I care less and less because I realized it just depressed me. Lol!

Sorry about the rice reaction, but at least now you know!

Hi all!  Sorry I've been MIA for a few days.  My grandmother got into town on Friday night, and we were busy, busy, busy this weekend.  Then yesterday was a crazy day at work.  So I haven't been able to catch up on the posts until today.  I've made some great meals over the last couple of days.  One was skirt steak over a brussel sprout slaw with chimichurri, which sounds fancy but was pretty easy.  The other was basil chicken meatballs with roasted green grapes.  I got these recipes from the whole30recipes Instagram account.  I've found a lot of delicious, simple recipes on there.

Skirt Steak and slaw: https://www.instagram.com/p/BDjDyhcKV_y/

Chimichurri: https://www.instagram.com/p/BDiwUEyqV0X/

Meatballs and grapes: https://www.instagram.com/p/BDhHBOdKV85/

I'm still mostly sticking to W30 cooking - always doing W30 meals when meal planning - but allowing myself to eat other stuff when I really want it, like a couple of bites of chocolate at night or a glass of wine here and there.

ksea: Can you repost that slow cooked pork shoulder recipe?  I can't seem to find it.  I bought a pork butt to make carnitas, but I may make that recipe instead.

jen c: That's awesome that your hubby is considering a W30!  My friend, who gets hives, did a W30, and hers went completely away.  I hope it works for your husband, too!  And great news about your allergies!  That's a HUGE NSV!

Wendy:  Love the reuben rolls!  Now I need to put them on my meal plan again.  Just thinking about them makes me hungry (even though I just finished breakfast :)).

Ramona: I agree that post W30 eating can be a slippery slope!  When I absolutely could not have X food, I didn't.  But now that I can, I tend to let myself have more than I probably should, especially in the way of snacking.  I really need to be mindful of that.

katie: Congrats on your awesome workout the other day!  And your second Easter dinner recipes sounded awesome.  I want to make more slaws and stuff now that it's getting warmer out.  I like the idea of broccoli slaw with pineapple and mayo.  I made a carrot, raisin, pineapple, and mayo slaw last night to have with my lunch today.  Those were literally all of the ingredients.  I love easy recipes!

For those who are interested, I found Mel Joulwan's Rogan Josh recipe online: http://meljoulwan.com/2010/07/13/paleo-rogan-josh/.  I think my favorite recipe I made during my W30 was the spaghetti squash from the W30 book with the tomato sauce and ground meat.  It was definitely a good spaghetti and meat sauce sub.  This is random, but I also really liked this recipe: http://meljoulwan.com/2015/01/19/thai-pink-grapefruit-salad/.  I left out the dried shrimp, because my husband was grossed out by it, but I bet it would be even better with it!

I was on a 2-day roll with the exercising and haven't done it since.  Staying up too late!  Maybe tomorrow, but I already have to get up early to prep a slow cooker meal, so maybe Thursday.  Ha ha.

Happy  Tuesday to everyone!

I'm back! and starting the day with eggs and spinach and apple and sunflower butter and a giant black coffee (certain babies were up al night long.. and certain ladies have to get up early and go to stupid work) oh dear, did I ever all off the rails. How can I be a moderater instead of abstainer/all the foods-er? 

My favourite recipes are the paleo fried chicken, the sausage/mushroom/apple casserole from the book is good too. super easy to make. makes a lot and is good for lunch the next day.

Galaxigrl, how was grandma's visit? Did you guys have a ball?

Those recipes look amazeballs, I really love pairing fruit with meat for some reason! Thank you for sharing. :D

I think I may have seen the carrot raisin slaw on Pinterest and that's what gave me the idea to use broccoli slaw rather than carrots! And a little extra pineapple juice to thin the Mayo, salt, pepper, and celery seed. So easy. I love slaws, too, especially with sunmer coming. They can potentially get to be FWNB!

Ramonax, your breakfast sounds yummy, regardless of being off the rails before it! Lol!

I wish it was easier to be a moderator. My boyfriend is one, he can just take a bite of something and be satisfied. I have a bite and go, "THIS IS DELICIOUS, I THINK ILL HAVE ANOTHER" and before I know it the whole thing is gone AND I'm reaching for seconds! It's too easy.

I want to try some Paleo fried chicken!! I got a random craving for fried chicken the other day.

Hi everyone!  I've been reading your posts on my phone while I'm nursing, but I haven't gotten a chance until now to sit down on my computer.  My baby has been taking pretty short naps during the day, but still sleeping ~8 hours straight at night, thank goodness!  It's great those of you who are reintroducing are paying so close attention to how it is affecting you!

I've been dealing with ever increasing amounts of stress (it's that time of year here).  I've noticed an increased consumption of coffee as a result.  I've been making a 32-oz. french press in the morning, and started out drinking 1-2 cups, but now I'm drinking the whole thing.  I realize it's a comfort thing, and I don't think it helps with stress management later in the day.  I'm going to work on limiting it, maybe cutting it out completely if need be.  

I completely understand you guys about trying to be a moderator, instead of an abstainer.  I'm glad I started another W30, and I might extend it before attempting to ride my own bike.  I feel so great eating this way, I'm afraid of falling back into my old habits.  I'll definitely go the slow roll reintro approach.  This time around I'm not feeling the urge to snack between meals nearly as much.

That Rogan Josh looks amazing!  The only thing I don't have for it (besides lamb, I will use moose) is coriander.  I will pick some up, because it has such a distinctive flavor, the dish probably wouldn't be the same without it.  

galaxigrl, I didn't follow a recipe for the pork shoulder, I couldn't decide on a recipe so I just threw something together that sounded good to me.  Here's what I did:

5 lb. pork shoulder, cut into fist size pieces

Rub it with a good amount of sea salt

Put it in a crockpot with:

1 serrano chili, sliced thin (I didn't remove the seeds or anything, and it didn't turn out very spicy.  You could use a jalapeño too, I just used serrano because thats what I had)

1/4 c. grated ginger

2 small (6 oz.) cans pineapple juice (it would probably be better with a whole can of crushed pineapple in juice!)

a couple cups of chicken stock, to almost cover pork

1 tsp. liquid smoke

Cook on low 6-8 hours.  I cooked mine on high, with the lid propped open, so it barely simmered.  My crock pot runs kind of hot on low with the lid on, and I didn't want it boiling super aggresively.  Shred the meat, and add it back to the cooking liquid.  I think I added more salt at this point, but if you could check it half way through for seasonings, it would be good to add it sooner than later.

Thanks for sharing those recipes!  They look so good.  I love fruit and meat too.  Chicken salad with grapes and pecans is magical!

I don't know if I can pick one single recipe that is my favorite so far.  My husband thinks I'm goofy, because every time I make something that I love, I say it's in my "Top 5".  I think my top 5 is more like top 30.  :P  I've been making lots of curries, because it's easy to change it up with different protein and veg.  Tomato sauce with Italian sausage is also another one of my faves.  I eat it over sautéed veggies and sometimes poach eggs in it.  I recently found out that a HUGE #10 can of crushed tomatoes is only like a dollar more than the small cans.  Here's my recipe for Italian sausage.

per 1 lb of ground meat:

1 t. salt

1 t. pepper

1/2 t. red pepper flakes

2 T. paprika

1 t. ground fennel

1 t. onion powder

1 t. italian seasoning

1 t. dried basil

1 T. vinegar

I've been letting it sit for a couple of hours before adding to to my sauce.  Brown it, and add it during the last 30 minutes of sauce simmering.  Makes such a difference from plain ground meat!  I make extra sausage so I can make patties for breakfast as well.

Hey ksea! Sounds like you're still doing awesome work, too. And it's fabulous that your little one is sleeping through the night! I don't have kids but I understand that is a rare gem in a baby, haha.

Total respect on the coffee realization. I'm sure there are so many worse things you could be comfort-consuming, but I love how self aware you are about the importance of the attitude! I hope the stress eases up for you soon, though. It can do such ugly things to us.

Thanks for taking the time to type out your recipes!! I will absolutely try that pork recipe, and the sausage too! I've done breakfast sausage but never to put in sauce and its slightly different. I think it would be amazing over some spaghetti squash! Once again, I bow to your mighty culinary skills and creativity!

You're so right about the chicken salad! We did a variation of it with leftover turkey after thanksgiving. Shredded it up and tossed it with Mayo, salt, pepper, pecans, and cranberries. We tried it with whole30 Mayo and raisins too and it was still great!

I completely understand you on wanting to really slow roll reintros after this round. I feel GREAT and like I am so much more in control. Putting on the big girl panties to ride our own bikes is intimidating. It's so easy to derail. As was evidenced by my Easter disaster. Haha. But we have 25 more days to go and we will probably learn so much more in that time! How are you feeling this round? I haven't had the fog, headaches or anything, thankfully!

So I made the carnitas again last night and I completely over-ate them. It was the first time I ate so much Whole30 food that I actually felt ill. I just kept mindlessly taking more and more and more.

I think it's my stress levels... they're so high right now. I just started a new second job last month and the transition to going from working at home to going into an office has been not so fun. Also, last week I just started full-time grad school as opposed to the part-time I had been doing the past two quarters, and holy wow, it's a LOT of work. I feel like all I'm doing is working, coming home, cooking up a storm, and doing homework with whatever time I have left. Even at the gym, I'm listening to my reading for class on audio (I'm in library school, so I have a YA lit class right now so luckily a lot is available digitally for me!). But I really miss having some down time for me where I can turn my brain off, but I have such a hard time justifying it because I have so much work to get done and so little time. :(

I have a job interview for a full-time position in the library system today, so that would definitely take away the stress of having to switch between two different jobs. But it would also add stress because it would be even more hours and a longer commute and take more time away from my doing schoolwork and cooking. But I'm turning 26 this year so as of January I won't be on my father's benefits anymore, and that's a big concern, so I kind of feel like if I can get a full-time job, I need to. Which makes it worse because it feels like pressure rather than, I want to.

/endrant.

Sorry. Ugh. Just wanted to get that out there. I feel a little better having just said so. Haha. So I'm barely sleeping, I'm worn out, and of course I'm over-eating when I make a food that is AMAZING. It takes my mind of the other stress for a little bit... but creates more in the long run.

On the bright side, my boyfriend and I have plans to go out to the Paleo restaurant nearby tonight and to see a movie afterward. I'm not sure I'll be able to actually tear myself away from homework tonight, but I feel like a small break would be good for me. It's only one night of the week; I've done homework the last two nights and can do more of it the next two, as well as on the weekend. Having a little bit of fun/not cooking would probably be super helpful. Also considering maybe sleeping rather than going to the gym tomorrow, but that's a hard choice, too, because I feel so good when I work out, but I have to wake up super early to go before the Bro population invades and it's too crowded for my high-anxiety self.

Wow Katie, that's a lot on your plate right now. Good luck with your interview! Small world, I'm a children's librarian! I think taking an evening off is a wonderful idea. Please allow yourself to do so without guilt! You need down time. And I know any meal I don't have to cook is a wonderful treat since they are so few and far between anymore. Hope you're able to get enough sleep in, too. Let us know how the interview goes!

Katie, that is a lot on your plate! Make sure you're taking the time to care for yourself - burnout is real. I've been there, and it's not fun.

I've been keeping up with the board but not posting much - been feeling pretty run down. I definitely did not follow through on my whole 7 and had a delicious gyro this weekend, plus a few other things that weren't compliant. And found that I was back to not being able to sleep, with my mind racing. Some of it is baby-related stress - we looked into daycare costs, plus the cost of doing some home renovations that are overdue. It's overwhelming. But I also think unsteady blood sugar could be partly to blame, so I'm making an effort to get in my three square meals and not overdo it on grains or fruit.

My first ultrasound is next week...it is like torture waiting for that appointment!

Thanks, ladies. I really appreciate the support. :) Kalina, where are you a children's librarian?! That's so awesome - that's my ultimate goal!

I definitely agree that not cooking and having someone else do it for you is sssooo awesome - especially now that it's so hard to eat out anywhere! That Paleo restaurant was pure gold. I wish it wasn't so expensive or I'd eat there like once a week just to take some of the work off my plate! Haha.

CG, sorry you're back to having trouble sleeping! I can only imagine how much there is to think about when it comes to expecting a baby!!

Ahh, the wait must be so suspenseful!! What are you supposed to find out on your first ultrasound?

Katie: My grandmother is still at my house.  She'll be here until next week!  It's so great to have her here.  She's so great with my son, and he immediately remembered her and wanted to be with her.  My husband and I are chopped liver while she's around.  Ha ha.  

As for your life, holy cow!  Definitely take breaks and time for yourself to wind down.  That schedule sounds so crazy!  I thought working full time and having a toddler was tough, but your schedule is much busier than mine!  I hope you enjoy yourself at dinner and the movie tonight and are able to not think about work/school for a few hours.

ksea: I'm sorry you're having a stressful time, too.  Thanks for the recipes!  They both sound great.  I hear you on the coffee, too.  It's not due to stress, but I've been drinking a 16 oz one almost every day since I started W30, whereas before I was having maybe a 12 oz one about 3 times/week.  I think I started drinking it for appetite suppression, and now I'm craving it EVERY DAY.  I need to switch to tea or something else, but I just want coffee...even black!

CG: Thinking about the costs associated with a baby is super overwhelming, as are a lot of things during pregnancy.  Just try to stay as calm as possible.  It's going to work out!  I hope you're able to start getting good sleep again!

I'm trudging along.  Weighed myself again this morning and I was up .2 lbs since whenever I weighed myself this weekend, which is 1.2 from day 31.  Oh, scale, how i hate thee!  To make matters worse, one of women who helps out in my son's daycare class asked me yesterday if I was expecting.  I was like, "Nope, this is left over from the last one."  Why do people ask that???  It's so frustrating!  I'm fully aware that I carry pretty much all of my weight in the midsection.  Ugh!

Galaxigirl, I'm so sorry - that has happened to me before and seriously makes you want to punch someone in the face.

Katie - we should be able to see the heartbeat! I'll be 7 weeks along, so they're just checking to see if things are progressing normally. Several of my friends have miscarried over the last year or two, so it will definitely help my peace of mind to see that things are going as they should. 

I'm not really having any morning sickness per se, but this morning I definitely needed to eat earlier than I did. I usually get up about 6:15-6:30 (depending on how many times I hit the snooze button), then leave for work a little after 7:00 and eat about 8:00. I had a moment on the train where I was all of a sudden REALLY hungry. I had a weird moment like that yesterday afternoon too...I think the pregnancy hormones are definitely kicking in! 

Galaxigrl - OMG I want to fly to wherever you are and punch that person in the face myself. WHO ASKS THAT? Such an invasive rude questions, no matter what. I've been asked that so many times. ARGH. I took revenge when I was 8-months pregnant, and obviously pregnant. I looked like a whale on legs. People would say "when are you due?" and I would look all stern and serious and say "what? I'm not pregnant" and they would be horrified....okay, now I sound like an asshole.

Katie - Grad school is stressful. it is crazy hard and so much work and feels like you can't even possibly get through.. I did grad school many years ago (I'm 43, I graduated when I was 26) and I don't think I have ever had as much intense - had to be done - competing interests - work as I did that time. And I have a full on job. So be gentle with yourself. Do what you can to get through, know it won't always be like this. Read back your posts and see what an obviously smart, strong, competent woman you are and know you can rock this!

CGinDC - EEEEEEKKKKK!! Ultrasound!! so exciting. it can be so stressful thinking about all that is to come, eh. I promise you, you will manage. I don't mean that in a condescending "once the baby comes nothing else will matter" sort of way, cause things still matter..but right now everything is so unknown, once all the new things come you will be able to take it day by day and paycheque by paycheque and you will find all sorts of wells of strength and coping that you don't even yet know you have.

Ksea - your post makes me want a coffee :) I'm sorry it is the stressful time of year for you. I hope that abates soon.

It is so hard to reply to everyone on this forum.. I'm missing a bunch of you.

I'm back on the program, after the holiday bakery fest. Day 2. Feel fine. Was starving to death yesterday and realize I need more food.

Thank you so much for the encouragement and sympathy. You rock. I wish we weren't scattered all over the country, I'd suggest a big Whole30 cookout now that we're having some warm days!

We're definitely going to go out tonight and just get away for a little bit. I'm working super hard to prep for this interview (which I'm leaving for in 2 mins -ahhh!!) and I think a break will help me refocus again when we come back around. And keep me sane! Lol!

Galaxigrl - Ugh, sorry someone was rude! I feel like it's never safe to ask that question because you just never know.

Try not to let the scale get you down too much, .2 pounds could be from sodium/water weight/not having gone to the bathroom or a whole number of things. You're still doing really well, and taking care of yourself!
Scales are so evil.

CG - that is SO exciting!! You'll have to report back!! :) And I bet it will be super relieving to have a professional tell you everything looks good.

Ramonax - I really appreciate the insight from someone who's been here. And super happy for you that you feel fine even after the bake fest. ;)

I think at this point we all miss responding to people sometimes. We're an active and talkative little group! Haha. No hard feelings!!

Katieblue,

Please let us know how your interview goes! I would love to work at a library.  I am a second grade teacher, and I think when I retire in about 12 years I will try to do some part-time work at our public library.  I just love libraries-one of my favorite places to be!

Wendy

Hi all!  Sorry I've been MIA for a few days.  My grandmother got into town on Friday night, and we were busy, busy, busy this weekend.  Then yesterday was a crazy day at work.  So I haven't been able to catch up on the posts until today.  I've made some great meals over the last couple of days.  One was skirt steak over a brussel sprout slaw with chimichurri, which sounds fancy but was pretty easy.  The other was basil chicken meatballs with roasted green grapes.  I got these recipes from the whole30recipes Instagram account.  I've found a lot of delicious, simple recipes on there.

Skirt Steak and slaw: https://www.instagram.com/p/BDjDyhcKV_y/

Chimichurri: https://www.instagram.com/p/BDiwUEyqV0X/

Meatballs and grapes: https://www.instagram.com/p/BDhHBOdKV85/

I'm still mostly sticking to W30 cooking - always doing W30 meals when meal planning - but allowing myself to eat other stuff when I really want it, like a couple of bites of chocolate at night or a glass of wine here and there.

ksea: Can you repost that slow cooked pork shoulder recipe?  I can't seem to find it.  I bought a pork butt to make carnitas, but I may make that recipe instead.

jen c: That's awesome that your hubby is considering a W30!  My friend, who gets hives, did a W30, and hers went completely away.  I hope it works for your husband, too!  And great news about your allergies!  That's a HUGE NSV!

Wendy:  Love the reuben rolls!  Now I need to put them on my meal plan again.  Just thinking about them makes me hungry (even though I just finished breakfast :)).

Ramona: I agree that post W30 eating can be a slippery slope!  When I absolutely could not have X food, I didn't.  But now that I can, I tend to let myself have more than I probably should, especially in the way of snacking.  I really need to be mindful of that.

katie: Congrats on your awesome workout the other day!  And your second Easter dinner recipes sounded awesome.  I want to make more slaws and stuff now that it's getting warmer out.  I like the idea of broccoli slaw with pineapple and mayo.  I made a carrot, raisin, pineapple, and mayo slaw last night to have with my lunch today.  Those were literally all of the ingredients.  I love easy recipes!

For those who are interested, I found Mel Joulwan's Rogan Josh recipe online: http://meljoulwan.com/2010/07/13/paleo-rogan-josh/.  I think my favorite recipe I made during my W30 was the spaghetti squash from the W30 book with the tomato sauce and ground meat.  It was definitely a good spaghetti and meat sauce sub.  This is random, but I also really liked this recipe: http://meljoulwan.com/2015/01/19/thai-pink-grapefruit-salad/.  I left out the dried shrimp, because my husband was grossed out by it, but I bet it would be even better with it!

I was on a 2-day roll with the exercising and haven't done it since.  Staying up too late!  Maybe tomorrow, but I already have to get up early to prep a slow cooker meal, so maybe Thursday.  Ha ha.

Happy  Tuesday to everyone!

galaxigrl,

My favorite W30 recipe was also the spaghetti squash with tomato and meat sauce.  My husband raved about it, too.  The Paleo cabbage rolls that katieblue posted were also a very close second!  

Wendy

Archived