Which book should be read first?

I am committing myself to starting the Whole 30 on Sunday (my family's holiday get-together is Saturday).

I do have a question: which book should I complete first before beginning?

I have "It Starts With Food" in hard-copy and "Whole30" as an eBook. I'm bouncing between both of them, but I want to have one finished by Sunday. Not sure if I can finish them both at the rate I'm going...

I've done the shopping and prepping, but I'd like to complete one book too.

Which would you suggest I have done before starting the Whole30?

Thanks in advance!

(If this was covered elsewhere, please direct me and accept my apologies. I've looked and performed a search, but I can't find the answer. That is why I posted the question here.)

I definitely have every intention of reading both and really wanted "Whole30" for the recipes and helpful tips with staying on task. I was leaning toward "It Starts With Food" first but wasn't sure if that was the way to go before getting started. I really appreciate your input!

I'll admit I've not read the "Whole30" book yet though I bought it. It depends on which you think will be more helpful in getting you going. It Starts With Food has more details on the whys of the program where Whole30 is more about the hows from what I understand.

I have both...I started with Whole30 because it's an easier read, user -friendly, gives you the instructions and recipes you need to complete your Whole30.  It's all you need to get you going.

I am in the middle of my first Whole30, and am now reading It Starts With Food to keep me motivated and get more detailed information on the science behind the food choices I'm making.  It'd definitely more technical and a slower read.  But it's keeping me on track when I have food cravings because i understand better what's going on with my body. 

Interesting perspective. I can definitely see what you both mean. I'm guessing The Whole30 cuts to the chase and It Starts With Food is more detailed then...but either will be good for getting started, right?

Thank you for the feedback!

I recommend as well reading the whole 30 book first, it is an easy read and you don't have to read the entire book. you will skip through parts like kids, vegans, pregnancy if you aren't any of those things. and a lot of the book is recipes or cooking instructions, so you can skip those till you need it. once you finish the whole 30 book you will have the fundamentals of HOW the program works. then as you have time/ or need motivation/or need to explain things to yourself or others read the it starts with food. I completed my first whole 30 just reading the whole 30 book and did just fine. im on day 8  of my second whole 30 but doing it this time with my husband. he didn't read the book and has asked me a million questions such as why cant I have alcohol? or why cant I have sugar? ive started reading it starts with food and it helps me to explain things to him AND it helps me stay on track because now I know WHY I don't want to consume sugar on a regular basis!

GOOD LUCK!!! YOULL DO GREAT! CANT WAIT TO HEAR HOW MANY WONDERFUL NONSCALE VICTORIES YOU ACHEIVED BY DAY 30

Archived