Starting Monday April 4th

workingmomof3

I've been having food dreams too. The other night it was breads of all kinds, and I was eating them and feeling like a failure! Back at the beginning of the W30 it was pink lemonade-flavored twizzlers (I don't even think those exist) at a fair.  Both times I woke up so glad that it was just a dream! 

Still trucking here.  Yesterday was tough. I left my lunch on the counter at home (I set it down to grab my pre-postWO food...) so I had to eat my WO foods plus some fruit from the cafeteria for lunch and tough it out for my run.  Only 3 miles, so it wasn't such a big deal.  Ate the lunch for dinner and capped off the night with an apple and some almond butter.

My dinner Tuesday night was so good! First, I fried up some of hubby's homemade andouille sausage. Then I sauteed some onions and mushrooms with salt and pepper and garlic. Then I added some coconut milk to make a creamy sauce. I tossed it all together and ate it over baked cauliflower rice.  Seriously delicious!  I added some roasted brussel sprouts to the side last night when I ate it again. 

Tonight I'm going to the pool to put some laps in.  With hubby's schedule I've not been out on the bike, but maybe Saturday I can do that.  This weekend I'll be navigating out-of-town guests (who LOVE beer) and my son's first Communion reception (cake).  I can do this! I can! I can! 

Chellie

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ladies let me just say I am overwhelmed by your kind words, support and encouragement it really means a lot!! Shoulder is doing better and I am attacking the hair loss by shopping for some new cute hats and caps!! Little retail therapy never hurts anyone. 

Day 25 Wow. I definitely needed this reset and I think I will continue after the 30 days with a slightly less strict version of Whole 30 - I will add back non gluten grains (my oatmeal) and some dairy (greek yogurt) 

Chellie I love your dinners and food ideas they really inspire me to try harder at creating meals. Congrats to you son and yes YOU GOT THIS!!!

workingmomto3: good job on the rings... I know that is a great feeling

Momto4 - I liked my tea with milk and never thought I could drink it plain, but I found a compliant Chai tea and I can drink that plain and it tastes great!

GM20 - good for you for focusing on the small changes, I do believe the big changes will come!!

Have a great day Everyone!!

It's Friday! I just placed my lunch order from a great place in town--steak and eggs with a side of fruit. I'm adding in a sweet potato I brought from home.  YUM.  Planning to run 6 miles this afternoon (please don't rain, please don't rain). My swim last night was derailed by a last-minute birthday dinner for my mother-in-law.  Shrimp and steak and salad. Phew...No thank you to the mystery-marinade chicken, corn, garbanzo beans on the salad, cheesecake... My m-i-l spread out a plethora of "healthy" salad dressings...2nd ingredient on the EVOO/lemon vinaigrette? Corn syrup vinegar.  What the ever-loving heck is that?!  I opted for plain EVOO, salt and pepper.

Have a great weekend!

Chellie

Hello everyone! Day 23 here - sadly still not really feeling the magic, but I'm happy to be making good food choices for myself anyway. I've planned out my reintroduction phase to check the things that I most want to reintroduce: dairy, oats, rice, sourdough bread and if i follow it properly I should be able to do that all before my mother's bday dinner! Fingers crossed.

I'm excited to be in the final week - I feel like I've learn't a lot & I've definitely picked up some good recipes! 7 days to go & maybe the tiger blood will start happening in these final days.

How is everyone else doing? Susabella I'm glad to hear the shoulder is improving! If you've done previous whole30s it's good to know your reintroductions already :)

Chellie I have no idea how you manage to fit your workouts in! well done!

• Moderators

Hello everyone! Day 23 here - sadly still not really feeling the magic, but I'm happy to be making good food choices for myself anyway. I've planned out my reintroduction phase to check the things that I most want to reintroduce: dairy, oats, rice, sourdough bread and if i follow it properly I should be able to do that all before my mother's bday dinner! Fingers crossed.

I'm excited to be in the final week - I feel like I've learn't a lot & I've definitely picked up some good recipes! 7 days to go & maybe the tiger blood will start happening in these final days.

How is everyone else doing? Susabella I'm glad to hear the shoulder is improving! If you've done previous whole30s it's good to know your reintroductions already :)

Chellie I have no idea how you manage to fit your workouts in! well done!

Often when people aren't experiencing energy and feeling better at this stage of the game, we suggest they open a trouble shooting thread with two to three days of meals (including portion sizes, specific veggies, protein and fat and water intake). It's very commonly that people are not eating enough or are relying on dried fruits and nuts and snacking more than is recommended. If you want to do that, I'll definitely pop over there and see if we can tweak anything for your last seven days so you can end with a bang.

Totally pumped here! Loving it but interested to see what's next. I may only try adding a little dairy. No interest in grains, legumes, or sugar. Although I may add a bit of stevia in my coffee, as it helps lower my blood pressure, which has not gone down. :( Hopefully, my cravings for sugar won't come back. If they do, it's over stevia!

It's seems like yesterday when we started, but also a lifetime ago. I'm not looking back!

Hello! Thanks for the suggestion - I have definitely been eating enough and I don't have any dried fruits or nuts. I think I may be too heavy on the fruit but I stick to 1-2 servings a day. Either way I have a few days left so just gonna keep going for these final days and see what happens. I'm not going to go crazy after anyway so we'll see - from what I've read it is all a learning process and many do multiple whole30s as they keep relearning!

Day 26 for me and probably the final day for many of you? :) it's been an interesting journey!

My reintro plan is day 1: dairy, day 4: oats & rice day 7: legumes - and then day 10: gluten containing grains. Fingers crossed!

Wow Day 30... Congrats to all that made it here and to those who are still getting to their day 30. I think I'm going to spend a week or so being less strict (a little dairy and some non gluten grains) but then hop back into another strict whole 30 soon. I just do better with rules!! 

Like I have mentioned before I have done strict reintroduction and I know I react to gluten (bloating and low energy) and processed foods. But if you haven't done one in the past I think it is really important to add the foods one at a time to see what you react to. Loved being a part of this group and hope to continue to see you guys on the boards!!

Wow --- I missed a few days here, and now it is day 30! Wohoo!  Though, I have decided that I want to keep going and go for another 30 ... I think. I have to read more about the re-introduction of foods.  There are foods I might like, but really more for a treat or special occasion. Otherwise the only thing I really miss is some bread and that started when I had lunch out with a friend.  I had my salad with balasamic vinegar and some grilled shrimp. I said no to bread, which was easy for me, till I saw it sitting there on the table. My friend said she can't not have it. So that is fine, but since then, I really want some though I think it is more in my brain than anything.   

SugarcubedOD - I too never got the burst of energy that everyone has been talking about but I am feeling more clear headed. I don't eat any dried fruits, and only rarely do I have a small handful of raw almonds. Literally, I think maybe once per week. Is that too much?  As for fruit, I might have one serving per day, but really that is stretching it. Otherwise I have been very careful and other than the twice, have not even gone out to eat at a restaurant.  Funny about the second time I went out, they served me green beans. I realized just as I put my fork in that there was something on them. So I wouldn't even try them. I didn't know if it was butter or oil.  Though I didn't miss them, had plenty of other steamed veggies. 

Susabella - glad to hear your shoulder is doing better too! As for your hair loss -- stay positive -- I myself have not been through it but many of my friends have and that helped them tremendously, and of course, have fun with the hats!

Chellie - Your workout schedule is awesome! I hope to start that more with my next 30!!

If any of you want to keep going - with a 2nd 30 --- let me know ---- I will keep posting!

Good luck to everyone!

Reintro:

Today dairy--cream in coffee, yogurt at lunch, cheese at dinner

Day 4 (out with friends)--rice and soy sauce (hello, sushi!)

Day 7--oats

Day 10--not sure there's anything else I'm missing, so...I guess that's it!

I liked the cream in my coffee, but not really more than I like the coconut milk. The nice thing is being fine with black (which is how my second cup is).

NSVs...

Lost a bunch of inches from a bunch of body parts, especially chest and belly! I'm feeling great, sleeping well (the instant my head hits the pillow), and I think I'm finally fat-adapted for my workouts! I now love plantains and buy them regularly. Honestly, the biggest NSV is keeping my 30 day commitment. I did it!

Yes! Congrats to everyone who made it! No small feat! To those who had to start over and are still going strong, keep it up and congrats to you, too!

My NSVs:

Clothes are looser in good places

My body feels like it's transforming before my eyes

Skin is glowing

Clearer head

Steady energy

Better sleep

Better attitude/calmer

Healthier relationship with food. Enjoying cooking now!

Exercise is less challenging

No guilt after eating making everything more enjoyable

Scale victories:

Lost inches, especially around waist.

Lost 7.5 pounds

I'm seeing these as consequential, rather than the true measurement of my improvement. It was anticlimactic weighing myself, as I really don't care anymore what I weigh. It's how I feel.

This morning I don't feel well. Perhaps the dramatic change in the weather, or the effect of an extremely emotional day at work yesterday. I had already decided to do a Whole60, so this decision is only solidified with how I feel today.

It is a strange feeling though. I woke up with the idea that I was now free to eat whatever I wanted. It was a bit scary. It made me realize I have a long way to go mentally and physically. That's ok!

I am continuing with these goals...

Drinking more water

Being more mindful of the foods that don't agree with me (onions, peppers)

Improving attitude

Becoming even calmer and more optimistic

Eliminating heart palpitations and reducing bp

Losing more body fat

Exercising more

Playing more

• Moderators

Congrats all for finishing and for those that are finishing up, keep it strong!

To keep the boards as least confusing as possible for new people and for people still going, if you guys would like to stay together as a group and do reintros, we would love that, we just ask that you do it on the 'after whole30' boards and not in this thread.

Thanks and congrats!

So I know most people have moved on here! But I'm on day 30!!! And so excited that I made it here. Didn't think that I'd be able to - but here I am. Celebrating tonight with a while30 dinner party with a friend who is on day 17. We're making Persian cod with cauliflower rice! :) have my reintro plan ready to start tomorrow - I have to say I'm quite nervous but I think I need to ride my own bike. Thanks for the support throughout the past month!

Great job, gm20! Have a wonderful dinner party! I'm visiting my mom for the weekend and Mother's Day. She just bought the Whole30 book, so we will be talking a lot about my new-found knowledge!

Archived