Trader Joe's and Costco options

gugy

If you like fruit snacks, they sell Stretch Island Fruit Co. fruit leather- only ingredient is fruit and can satisfy a candy craving.

I heard while this is OK, it should be avoid in the first 30 days. I just bought it but some people in other threads tells me to not use it for now.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard while this is OK, it should be avoid in the first 30 days. I just bought it but some people in other threads tells me to not use it for now.

Not sure what the difference is between dried fruit and fruit leathers , but I don't do either. Sugar bombs and snacky. :)

TJs has a new sausage - Smoked Turkey Kielbasa that's actually compliant, much to my great joy.

Sadly, I was about to buy a cooked pot roast, which I used to eat all the time, and they've added sugar to it. BUMMER!

I spotted that frozen grass fed ground beef but it turns out the store near my house does not carry it. I may have to buy some at work. Today TJs was all out of anything grass fed for some reason, but I got some organic ground beef anyways for my chocolate chili. Doing the best I can....

Also, bought some of the Argentinian wild caught cooked shrimp. Spendy, but a treat for when I feel like I deserve one (replaces chocolate!!) It gets me excited to eat, which can sometimes be an issue - I get into the "but I don't WANNA eat chicken or ground beef" etc.

TJs has a new sausage - Smoked Turkey Kielbasa that's actually compliant, much to my great joy.

Sadly, I was about to buy a cooked pot roast, which I used to eat all the time, and they've added sugar to it. BUMMER!

I spotted that frozen grass fed ground beef but it turns out the store near my house does not carry it. I may have to buy some at work. Today TJs was all out of anything grass fed for some reason, but I got some organic ground beef anyways for my chocolate chili. Doing the best I can....

Also, bought some of the Argentinian wild caught cooked shrimp. Spendy, but a treat for when I feel like I deserve one (replaces chocolate!!) It gets me excited to eat, which can sometimes be an issue - I get into the "but I don't WANNA eat chicken or ground beef" etc.

I buy their Wild White Mexican shrimp and they are fabulous. I use them for that exact thing. When I find myself sighing over beef or chicken, I bust out the shrimp. :)

Went to Costco last week and scored

- huge bag of frozen shrimp

- huge bag of frozen talapia

- free range chicken thighs

- grass fed ground beef

- pork shoulder

- stew beef

- broccoli florets

- bananas

- baby carrots

- bagged lettuce

- omega 3 eggs

Forgot to look for almond butter!

It feels so good to have a fridge/freezer full of great stuff!

How much were the free range chicken thighs? I saw their organic chickens but I am not sure if I wanna pay $30 plus dollars for two chickens.

Darn..I was JUST there. I didn't go to the poultry because I have so much pastured chicken in my freezer. I did find the Wholly Guac though. Perfect when I make lettuce wraps!

I too shop at Costco and T.J's but I also love Wegmans. They are also very organic friendly. Their prices especially on produce is great. They have a huge bag of chopped/cleaned kale for only $2.99. It's great for making Kale chips with! Not sure where you live if you have Wegmas but worth looking into...

I am leaning more and more towards a costco membership. I have a BJs membership right now because it's a bit more convenient and less expensive, but Costco seems to offer so many things that BJs doesn't.

Can I go with you? :)

I bought cooked shrimp by mistake once. I really don't like re-heating cooked shrimp. However, I have to say, I LOVE LOVE dipping cold, cooked shrimp in mustard and chili paste. I think I could live on it, so it's nice when someone else does the cooking of the shrimp once in a while. :)

I bought cooked shrimp by mistake once. I really don't like re-heating cooked shrimp. However, I have to say, I LOVE LOVE dipping cold, cooked shrimp in mustard and chili paste. I think I could live on it, so it's nice when someone else does the cooking of the shrimp once in a while. :)

That sounds good. I mix tomato paste. lemon juice and horseradish for mine. Not sure my horseradish is completely Whole30 compliant though. I am in between Whole30s at the moment.

One of my favorite soups works with this shrimp. Take chicken broth and add onion or leeks and simmer until they are soft. Add a little curry paste, some garlic, and even chili paste if you like it hot, and some coconut milk plus any leftover veggies you might have (spinach and kale work well) and then add a handful of cooked shrimp to the hot soup. No need to heat it up, just let it sit for a few minutes and the shrimp will warm without being actually reheated or cooked further.

I was at costco today. My favorite new find is frozen cooked langostino. I've been dreaming about lobster rolls lately, so now I will be having a seudo lobster lettuce wrap. :) I am so excited. I could not find the organic chicken anywhere. I also bought 24 oz of Kerrygold butter to make ghee. It was a great price, but it's salted. I put it in my basket and put it back 3 times. I finally bought it, but not sure I will like the ghee with added salt.

Archived