My knees are killing me!

swalker

Finished our (whole family) first full W30 in February and we decided to continue on plan with minor slips on occasion (church group, date night...).  I started back working out about six months ago, group boot-camp style workouts.  I hadn't worked out in over a year.  I've previously done Cross-Fit and basic gym workouts.  The problem is my knees are REALLY achy.  Not just during or post work-out either.  If I sit for any length of time it is painful for me to stand and it takes a couple minutes for me to be able to move normally.  And let's not even talk about doing squats.  OUCH!  I've never had this problem before and I refuse to believe that a year or two older is making this much of a difference.  I have no swelling or noticeable injury.  Could this be diet related?  Is there something more I should be doing/avoiding?

I get very similar aches and pains like you mentioned from eggs and nightshades (tomatoes, peppers, eggplants and potatoes) maybe this might be giving you problems?  Especially since you might be eating more of them than you ever did before?

I hadn't eaten a nightshade in about 2 weeks after noticing a correlation between nightshades and dry cracking skin issues.  On Saturday I had potatoes in my breakfast and peppers in my lunch.  And for about 48 hours I was having the worst kind of joint pain I have ever had - everything from my knees to my wrists to my hands - I have never experienced that before.  Happy to report that it has passed. 

• 1 month later...

Look into the "Melt" method for releasing tension in your fascia. If you have issue's in your tissues in other area's... it can effect your knee's as well. Also, look into the Jill Miller, "The Roll Model"... This book is AMAZING & if you go to her web site, "Yoga Tune Up" you can purchase the therapy balls & get a video as well that is an excellent source on how to release these issues. These aches & pains are very normal, but you need to address them before you get bigger problems!! I teach classes at 24HR Fitness in Issaquah that address this as well, called "Treat While You Train"..... :)

Archived