Starting 2nd round of Whole 30

tdquast

My husband and I are starting our second round of Whole 30 tomorrow 03/30.  Wish us luck.  First round went good, but I'm sure I screwed up without even knowing it.  Hoping to be able to get the label-reading part of this down much better this time around.  We continue to make our own mayo and dressings since the first round in September 2015 and we love them, as do our teenage children.  Hoping to get the kids to realize that this way of eating can be delicious as well.  Just looking forward to feeling GREAT again as I did on the first round,.  I can really tell a difference when I don't eat sugar.  It's amazing.

Good luck to us!!!

Day 1 down without a hitch. Feeling good. Day 2 and so far so good. Kids loved the burgers I made last night so that was easy. Just had ours with no bun, bed of spinach, lettuce, tomato, onion and avocado to substitute. It was delicious!!

Woke up w/a slight headache on Day 3, but was able to function pretty good throughout the day.  Trying to fit in a lot more recipes that my kids will like this time around and it seems to be pretty good so far.  Today is Day 4 and had homemade sausage,hardboiled eggs, avocado and a little fruit for breakfast.  Seems to tide me over pretty good until lunch. 

Pushing on!!

• 2 weeks later...

Day14 down and feeling great!! Keep trying new recipes to keep it interesting. Kids are enjoying the food as well. Clothes are fitting nicely and no bloating or "icky" feelings anymore. I do have dreams every now and then about food, specifically baked goods! Hard to get rid of that sweet tooth. Basically my husband and I are feeling really good.

• 3 weeks later...

2nd round finished!!! Day 31 was yesterday and we celebrated by having a homemade cinnamon roll. LOL.  I have a slight sweet tooth.  Needless to say, I felt awful for the rest of the day.  Amazing the affect food can have on your body and if you're not paying attention. You could, and do, totally miss it.  You just know you don't feel good.  Thanks to Whole30, I know exactly why I didn't feel good.  SUGAR!  I won't necessarily give up my sugar, but I do know what it does to me and I can plan accordingly.  As hard as Whole30 can be, it's worth feeling great every single day!!  Only special occasions and holidays maybe.  At least I will know what I can expect if/when I partake in something with sugar again.  As much as I enjoy a homemade baked good, I don't like feeling so awful all day long because of it.  Whole30 has really taught me to take ownership of what I put in my mouth and to make better choices all around, which is rubbing off on my kids as well.  It's wonderful to see them making such good choices as well. 

Thanks for reading!!!

Archived