pre/post wo - does this sound OK?

starxlr8

I'm returning to exercise after a long hiatus, but decided to go all in with a bootcamp-style home workout that alternates cardio and resistance days. (So far, so good! I'm on Whole30 Day 23 and Tiger Blood is pumping!) Here are my questions about my meals:

• Are my portions sufficient to give my body the right signals?
  • I have quite a bit of weight to lose, so its OK to exclude the post-wo starchy veg for now?
  • Since I am eating protein + fat upon waking, does it matter when I have meal #1?
  • Should this look different for a post-Whole30 lifestyle? 

Monday

pre - about 10 cashews at 5:40 a.m.

post - 5 bites tuna from the can at 6:20 a.m.

meal #1 - template breakfast at 7:45 a.m.

Tuesday

pre - 2 T tuna + mayo at 5:40 a.m.

post - 5 bites chicken breast at 6:15 a.m.

meal #1 - template breakfast at 7:15 a.m.

I've read a lot of the threads and just want to make sure I'm not derailing my efforts. 

This looks fine to me.

Personally I could never WO after eating nuts as I find them hard to digest but if the nuts are working for you then run with it. And yes, the starchy carb is optional - just be aware that muscle glycogen levels do not normalise on a daily basis so be sure to include some starchy veg in your template meals on the days that you are training.

Hope this helps  :)

This looks fine to me.

Personally I could never WO after eating nuts as I find them hard to digest but if the nuts are working for you then run with it. And yes, the starchy carb is optional - just be aware that muscle glycogen levels do not normalise on a daily basis so be sure to include some starchy veg in your template meals on the days that you are training.

Hope this helps  :)

Thanks! I seem to have no digestive issues with nuts, but I am planning to go for a hard boiled egg when I have them. I am eating starchy veg, trying to keep it at 1 meal per day... but sometimes I forget that my squash soup counts too.

Archived