I'm one week in...

Arkansas-Jordyn

I started the Whole30 as a spur of the moment decision and it has been the best decision I've made in a while. I was introduced to it about a year ago and saw amazing results in some of my coworkers but I was not motivated to give up my french fries & chocolate cake (healthy, I know!). I've never been heavy but as this January rolled around I was struggling to fit into my size 6 jeans and instead of buying new ones I simply cut slits in the side to accommodate my new found blubber. Yeah...low point.

However, this still did not get my attention - shocker! It hit me when I went to put on my light colored spring jeans two weekends ago. The ones that fit in August of last year...needless to say they didn't fit! I could not even get them over my thighs...queue the tears. It hit me like a smack in the face and I knew that I needed to make a change. NOW. I started the Whole30 the next Monday.

I've done Paleo diets before but I could never figure out how to make them stick. Like Melissa says in "It Starts with Food" - "Your cheat meals turn into cheat days...etc." I'm one week in and although it was hard at first, I won't go back! This program has given me an eye opening reality about my food choices and a downright fear of what is on the shelves in Walmart. The concept of total elimination gives you the ability to say no for a reason. I don't know if it is damn determination to finish this program and prove to everyone that I can or the fact that I already feel better and cannot wait to see what day 31 holds. I cannot wait to see if my RA symptoms disappear/dwindle, my migraines stop & my emotions take themselves a few notches down!

This program is somewhat a challenge and I'm going to conquer it. I hope that all of you just starting out feel the same way! This program doesn't work unless you have some strong determination.

Side note: You know those jeans that I cut slits into, so I could squeeze my love handles back in ... yeah they are already getting too lose for me to wear!

Archived