Timeline

If I started a whole30 in early March then went off plan march 17 and started over March 21st where would that place me on the timeline? I cheated with sugary alcohol so not sure if I should look at the timeline on day 9 to gauge of later on.

• Moderators

It's hard to say. Not everyone follows the timeline exactly anyway, it's just a general guideline of some stuff you might expect to feel throughout your 30 days. Whatever you're feeling is what you're feeling, regardless of whether it lines up with a particular day on the timeline or not anyway. 

If you'd just had one drink, and then started over the next day, you'd probably still be pretty close to the timeline from when you started. But since you didn't restart your Whole30 until the 21st, it largely depends on what you ate and drank for four days. If you stayed pretty close to Whole30, you might not go through the early days on the timeline again, but if you went a little nuts and ate all the sugar, grains, and dairy, you may experience those rough first few days again.

In the long run, it doesn't really matter what the timeline says. Just keep going, eating your meals based on the meal template for at least 30 days straight. By the end of it, you'll feel better than you did at the beginning of it.

Archived