A Question About...Poop!

I'm on day 20 and regularly experience loose stool in the morning (and sometime later in the day). Most mornings before or directly after working out, I end up "sick."

Where I've been fasting all night I can't think of what may be causing the every-morning issue. It's been this way as long as I can remember (celiac, lactose intolerant and still suffering!).

I've dropped leafy greens and eggs before but that didn't help...not sure what's left that could be causing it.

Sorry to hear that Steph, I'm the same.... well similar! Unfortunately nothing I have done on Whole30 has helped me so far. Still having problems even while taking digestive enzymes.... I don't have dairy, sugar, grains, legumes so yeh not sure what it is! I'm thinking too much fat maybe?

It's very frustrating!

Stephanie,

So sorry to hear that you're still struggling with GI issues. Your situation sounds very familiar to mine. I started a thread on the Medical Issues forum and got some good advice to make sure I'm not eating too much fruit or too many servings of nuts which I'm trying to be better about. I know 100% that my digestion is better without gluten and dairy and am pretty sure that the Whole 30 protocol is improving my situation as well but time will tell since I'm only a few days in.

I started a thread over the medical issues forum to ask for advice for my issues and the lovely Whole30-ers recommended keeping fruit and nut intake pretty low (maybe 1 or 2 portions fruit per day and 1 or none servings of nuts). You may want to consider also trying to limit FODMAPS (fruits and vegs that contain a starch that is hard for some people to digest) and possibly the nightshades.

I also highly recommend eating/drinking some helpful probiotic/fermented foods such as sauerkraut and unsweetened kombucha (my favorite is ginger). The foods and drinks can help get your GI flora back on track since it's getting essentially washed out every day - believe me I can relate! I've also heard that bone broth can be soothing and provide nutrients for GI repair.

You may already be very careful about this but definitely be mindful of coffee, tea and other caffeine intake. I'm really hoping that I'm still able to enjoy a bit of coffee in the am AFTER my breakfast but I'll have to see how things go. I'm experimenting with cold brew tomorrow since it's less acidic.

Hope your situation improves very soon and don't give up, these things take time, especially if you're GI tract is in need of some serious healing which it sounds like it might be. Best wishes!

Archived