awful nausea and fatigue

Hi all,

Really need to know that what I am feeling right now is normal. I woke up feeling like I had the damn flu this morning. Nausea so bad that I can't even eat a whole banana. No appetite, etc. 

Is this normal? What do I do? When will this end?

-Conor Sweeney 

What day are you on?

Could it be that you ARE actually coming down with the flu?

A lot of folk experience nausea and/or lack of appetite at some point during their 30 days.

The best thing you can do for yourself right now is to try and eat, ans NOT eating will only perpetuate the problem. Plate a template meal (maybe something blad & comforting like mashed root veg, bone broth, scrambled eggs, ginger tea...), eat as much of it as you can & the eat the remainder as soon as you feel able.

It might also be helpful for us to see what exactly you've been eating over the past few days to check that you are on the right track - it could be lack of food is causing your issues....

I am on day 3.

Day 1:

Breakfast - Banana, and avocado and a hand full of almonds

Lunch: Eggplant and chicken sausage omelette 

Dinner: Chicken sausage, an avocado and some steamed vegetables 

(Day 1 was a really busy day, so I didn't get to what I should be eating)

Day 2:

Breakfast: Banana, sliced apples and almonds

Snack: some avocado and carrots

Lunch: A huge omelette with veggies and chicken sausage

Dinner: Chicken-lettuce wraps and a side of sweet potato 

dessert: some dried peaches and a banana

Today:

Breakfast: I can barely get a banana and apple down

My levels of nausea and fatigue today are through the roof and it is a HUGE distraction as far as work is concerned. 

Yeah, you're not eating enough.

Are you familiar with the recommended meal template? You'd do much better if you built your meals to mirror it - particularly your breakfast as it really does set the tone for the day, and by not eating enough at the start of the day you spend the remainder of the day playing catch up.

Your need to snack confirms that your meals aren't big enough - they should keep you satiated for 4-5hrs without the need for snacks, and you also need to get out of the dessert mind-set - try ending your meal with some compliant pickles, or a handful of olives which will cleanse the palette in exactly the same way. Fruit should also be limited to 1-2 fist sized servings per day - with, or as part of a meal (think some berries thrown into a salad for example). Any more than that and you're just feedig your sugar dragon & preventing your body from learning to tap into it's fat stores for fuel.

So, 1-2 palm sized pieces of protein, 1-3 cups of veg (with 3 being optimum), and a genrous serving of fat (which you only appear to be getting at meal one in the form of your avocado). Fruit should not push the veg off of your plate at any meal.

Also, don't forget to salt your food, and to drink at least a half an ounce of water per pound of body weight, daily.

I reckon if you make these tweaks you'll see a huge improvement in how you feel....

Awesome. Will start bulking up my breakfasts. I don't really have a dessert mind-set - just so happens that the dried fruit was around last night.

I'm trying to get down a kale and avocado salad as we speak, but it is absolutely killing me. This nausea really needs to go away! 

Awesome. Will start bulking up my breakfasts. I don't really have a dessert mind-set - just so happens that the dried fruit was around last night.

I'm trying to get down a kale and avocado salad as we speak, but it is absolutely killing me. This nausea really needs to go away! 

You seriously need some protein.

Protein will give you staying power to last the 4-5hrs, fat will give you sustained slow burn energy, and the veg will give you that nice full feeling from the fibre.

I don't want to force myself to throw up my trying to shovel in some meat, at the moment. The salad went down well, and am now eating a hand-full of almonds and a sweet potato.

Hoping I can bulk up my dinner. Need this to pass. 

• Moderators

I don't want to force myself to throw up my trying to shovel in some meat, at the moment. The salad went down well, and am now eating a hand-full of almonds and a sweet potato.

Hoping I can bulk up my dinner. Need this to pass. 

Nuts are notoriously hard on the digestive system so you may want to step away from nuts and nut products until you get your meal templates dialed in... 

Archived