Starting my first Whole30 today!

beckerj88

Smiling - how fun to see a new you in the mirror!

I'm not a big fan of beans myself.  I like black beans in tacos, but I'm okay without.  Oh - I do love them with some feta cheese and tomatoes.  Hmmm.  But what I love more is rice and I love black rice and I especially love black rice with feta cheese and lemon.  Goodness, I'm getting myself all caught up with feta cheese cravings!

I've never done a proper reintro so it's interesting reading what other people notice.  The lower energy is interesting too because it could be sleep or it could be food.  My energy this week is not near how it was when I was at the third week mark of my Whole30 and I think it's because of the foods.  Of course, it's been a rough week emotionally and physically, but I still think the intro of some things triggered it.

That's funny what you said about the peanut butter.  I don't think it tastes as good either!  I've definitely switched to almond butter :)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Madness - Thank you and good luck on your reintroduction! I hope you'll keep updating your blog because I really enjoy reading it

Emma- Yeah I'm not a big bean fan either, except for hummus. I'm curious to see how the non gluten grains phase goes. I have a feeling it's going to make me sleepy and less energetic. I do miss rice though. We shall see. And yeah, almond butter or cashew butter is where it's at! I hope your knee is feeling better!

* Slept pretty good last night. Woke up on time and feeing refreshed. I noticed that I was getting kind of congested last night after eating the beans. Not sure if that was related to the beans or if that was from my allergies.

* M1: 3 eggs scrambled with red pepper, onion, green pepper, poblano pepper, and garlic. Topped with salsa and guac. Served with smoked salmon.

* S1: a banana and a potato and egg taco without the tortilla (probably 1/4 cup potato and 1 egg)

* M2: left over shepherd's pie. It was a smaller portion because it was the last bit so I had a chicken sesame epic bar with it too.

* I'm feeling a little bleh today. I think it's most likely allergies and the fact that I've had to wake up super early the past few days for work. We'll see how it goes the rest of today and tomorrow. I suppose it could also be from the beans but I'm not too confident in that because I think my stomach would of reacted worse yesterday.

* Got off of work and tried to take a nap but couldn't fall asleep. I was still feeling pretty crummy. Mostly just pressure headaches and foggy head.

* S2: had a handful of cashews

* M3: 3 chicken and apple sausages with 4 eggs cooked in ghee with onion and garlic

* Eating didn't make me feel any better. I think I may be coming down with something. Took a NyQuil pill. Hopefully I'll feel better in the morning.

* Slept okay last night. My dog kept barking and woke me up. I feel a lot better than I did yesterday though. I decided to start taking my allergy medicine again because I think that may be why I'm not feeling so great

* M1: 1 chicken and apple sausage, 3 eggs cooked with onions and garlic, and about 2 cups of spinach and topped with salsa. 1 banana.

* S1: cup of hot tea and a banana

* M2: spinach salad with 2 chicken and apple sausages, cashews, dressed with balsamic and olive oil. Lamb epic bar

* S2: a handful of uncured bacon bites from epic

* M3:steamed mussels, Alaskan sea bass with a mango pico, and served with roasted carrots and a balsamic reduction. This was my first time eating out, and I think it went well! I don't think I ate anything non whole 30 unless the bass was cooked in butter. I feel okay afterwards. I'm really full.

* Tomorrow I reintroduce non gluten grains. It's my graduation tomorrow so I'll be eating out again. But my plan is to go to a Mexican place and get fajitas with corn tortillas, and Spanish rice and see how that goes!

* Slept pretty good last night. My stomach was a tad unsettled but I managed to sleep through the whole night. When I woke up this morning my stomach still felt a bit unsettled, but nothing crazy.

* M1: 3 eggs topped with salsa, 2 chicken and apple sausages.

* M2: chips and salsa/guac. Beef/chicken fajitas in corn tortillas with onions, pico, guac, and salsa. Spanish rice on the side. I felt really full but didn't feel lethargic like I did after eating the beans. We'll see how I feel after a few hours

* M3: Well I had every intention of doing the reintroduction proper but I had a momentary lapse of judgement. The good news is is that I didn't overeat or do anything too crazy. We went to dinner to celebrate my graduation and it was a farm to table place and everything looked so amazing so I indulged a little. I had some dairy and some items with gluten. My stomach doesn't hurt and I don't really feel lethargic. Going back to clean eating tomorrow so we'll see how I feel the next few days

* Slept really well last night. I got to sleep in for the first time in a really long time, I slept until 830! No ill effects from last nights splurge.

* M1: Mixed peppers with mushrooms with 3 scrambled eggs served with 4 strips whole30 bacon

* M2: my fiancée's family came over for Mother's Day lunch today and we made a wonderful whole30 spread. We had no fuss salmon cakes with garlic aioli, cumin roasted carrots, Cauli-rice, and asparagus. Unfortunately I didn't get to eat too much because I got hit with a terrible bout of vertigo that has been going on all day

* M3: wasn't really hungry but knew I needed to eat something so I had a salmon cake and some of the Cauli-rice. Still not feeling well. Vertigo has gotten worse. I plan on going to the doctor tomorrow to see what's going on

Great sounding Mother's Day spread!  Great night's sleep!  Way bummer about the vertigo, but would be interesting to really note when it happened last.  Seems like it hasn't been something you've mentioned for a while.  And there are so many variables too - you're taking allergy meds again right?  Gadz - It's so hard figuring out the subtle nuances of our bodies.

Madness - vertigo didn't improve during whole30. It got worse actually. I'm seeing ENT tomorrow to have some tests run.

Emma - I am taking allergy medicines again. I went to doctor yesterday and got some new meds to help with the vertigo and that has been good. Hopefully I'll get some answers in the next few days!

So the last few days have been rough, not feeling well and little desire to cook because of it. Monday night I had some fried rice and some shrimp egg rolls. That didn't really make me feel bad. Yesterday I the leftover rice for breakfast, didn't eat lunch, and then picked up a pizza at the grocery store while I was waiting on my prescriptions. That was a bad choice. That make me few terrible. I woke up at about 330 with the worse heartburn I've ever had. Ate some tums and was able to fall back asleep. So this morning I made a nice big whole30 breakfast

Bacon, eggs, cauliflower rice and carrots with salmon cakes. I was so full I didn't really eat lunch except for an epic bar (and I slept in pretty late 9am, so my breakfast was pretty late). Feel pretty good today. New meds are doing a good job. I have been having some aches and pains in my shoulders and back which may be related to the not so great eating the past few days

Sucks about the vertigo. I had mysterious vertigo once about 10 years ago. I thought I was never going to be able to function again. It's a really weird phenomenon. About a week into it a friend showed me the Epley maneuver and thank goodness that cured it. It was like having the drunk spins all day!  :wacko:

I hope you find a root cause. My husband's doc(s) basically shrugged their shoulders and charged us a ton of money. I am glad they at least ruled out scary causes, but it was so unsatisfying that it has never been "cured" or even known what causes it (besides likely stress - pretty much a fact of life).

Hopefully some good Whole30 meals get you back feeling better (at least the non-vertigo stuff!). I guess with the pizza you don't know if it was the cheese or the wheat...

Archived