First day

Gabyosin

First day and I'm both nervous and excited . Breakfast was pretty easy & my other meals are planned . I'm a little worried about hunger because I have been eating 5 to 6 meals for the past couple of years . Any tips appreciated .

I started today too! I was originally worried about this since I run a lot. Based on what I read in the book so far, you have add approved healthy fats to help you fill up. If you still feel hungry you'll need to add more carb-dense veg and fruit.

I've planned my meals for this week. But I worried about those "unexpected events" that send you off track.

I started today too, Gabyosin & DBR!  This is my second go at it.  I am also excited to see what I can learn this time around.  I lost over 7 lbs on my last whole 30, and discovered dairy is definately problematic for me.  Best of luck to you both! It is a little tough especially at first, but not having to track food and focusing on the right foods: plenty of lean protein and veggies and the right fats really helps with the satiety.  I was not hungry at all on the last time around - after I got rid of the sugar cravings, that is.  It made me realize how much my hunger was not really hunger, but a craving.

Hi! It's mine and my husbands first day too! We've never done anything like this and it took a lot of convincing to get my husband on board. We both have major sugar addictions and really like beer (we do live in the pacific northwest, after all), but we don't "diet". We stay active and that has always kept the weight down. But I've struggled with IBD-like symptoms for 15 years. I've never been able to pinpoint a certain food group as the culprit. I've tried keeping food journals, OVC meds, herbal remedies, and more. But I've never found relief. When I heard about the Whole30, I thought this might be exactly what I need to figure out what's causing my symptoms and a bonus would be losing weight and becoming healthier!

That said, the first day has been challenging. We have had major sugar cravings and I almost gave in to an IPA that I wanted SO BAD. My husband has had a headache since 2pm and we've both been pretty tired.

I know the first week is the hardest so I feel that if we can make it through the next 7 days, we'll be okay.

Glad to hear there are other newbies starting today too! Good luck to everyone!

That said, the first day has been challenging. We have had major sugar cravings and I almost gave in to an IPA that I wanted SO BAD. My husband has had a headache since 2pm and we've both been pretty tired.

To stamp out any kind of a craving that won't go away with a distraction technique reach for fat - a handful of olives or a spoonful of coconut oil.

For the headaches be sure to drink the recommended half an ounce of water per pound of body weight daily.

Good luck!

Archived