First Whole 30 on Oct 1...tomorrow!!!!

MtnRunner

I just recently found this site after playing around on Mark's Daily Apple. I am mostly healthy but have some things that bother me like a thyroid that doesn't want to play and some strange unexplained (one is explained by gluten) allergic reactions. My doctor also believes it all "starts in the gut" so taking a step back, I guess it starts with food. I did my grocery shopping today and I'm ready to go!

My biggest challenge will probably be my being an endurance athlete. I've told myself for the next two weeks to rest more and not worry about training. Basically I'm making this my "post season" breather. I've tried similar things while maintaining my activity levels and realize I can't do both successfully. So resting it is. Can't wait to see what I find during this 30 and hopefully more days.

Good luck to everyone doing the same this month!

Good luck Teri! What endurance stuff do you do? A couple of years ago I tried to hike a 14ner while doing a Whole30... that didn't go so well, but I suspect I wasn't eating enough carbs. My boyfriend rides his bike and runs while doing Whole30s... he eats tons of sweet potatoes and winter squashes to keep enough energy.

I do a bit of everything, running, biking, triathlon, mostly the long (ultradistance) but I will do just about anything. I loaded up on sweet potatoes yesterday and we grew a bunch of squash in our garden so hoping that will keep me going, plus a little extra fruit. I've made my own "fuel" before with dates, almond butter and coconut and roll it into balls so if I do decide to do anything epic I can probably get through it. We shall see but for the next two weeks I'm going to try to keep mellow and focus on eating well. Thanks all! I'm most of the day and and feeling great so far but my challenging part of the day is yet to come.

Archived