Okay, let's do this! Second w30, here I come! October 1st!

Lyn1

So, I did a whole 30 in July while I wasn't working and had time to plan and cook and stuff. (I'm a teacher). Now, that I'm back at work, I've eaten bad food and have been trying to get back on track. I've had a bunch of false starts but now, I'm really going to do it! I need to learn how to eat right while working. Stress is a big trigger for me. ...and I need to slay that sugar dragon! During my first whole 30, I ate too much fruit and didn't lose any weight. I'm going to cut out fruit completely for 2 weeks and see what happens. Good luck, fellow "Rocktober" whole 30ists!

Best of luck Lyn! Hope you have a great October Whole30.

I'm doing one too. Going to try and do more bulk cooking this time-think this time of year lends itself to casserole type dishes anyway which are handy for making extra and freezing. Might be useful for you too now that you are back at work and have less meal prep time?

Thanks, everyone! I was out of commission with a tummy bug for the past 24 hours. :-/. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the "carb flu" because my husband (who is not doing the whole 30) had it the day before. I had to have some of my daughter's Pedialyte b/c nothing else would stay down! (Honestly, I've never thrown up that much before in my life). Anyway, I'm starting over tomorrow. i'm still going to rock it with you Roctober folks, but I'll just be 3 days behind.

Okay, day 1, take 2:

B - pumpkin "porridge" from Practical Paleo, 2 eggs fried in ghee, green tea with coconut milk

L- chicken soup, 1/2 avocado

Sn- 2 deviled eggs, decaf coffee with coconut milk

S- beef stew with broccoli, grapes, coconut manna

Not too bad, but as I type this I can see I'm going back to the old coconut habit. I think I'll just limit the coconut milk to my morning tea. This is why I didn't lose weight the first time. I love coconut! And fruit. But mainly, coconut.

I feel pretty good. Not too carb fluey.

Busy day! It was hard because I was working and I found out that my baby has an ear infection so I had to make an unexpected run to the store for medicine and to drop it off at home. (Hubby stayed home with baby today).

...but I did it!

Breakfast - sweet potato/banana/egg hash, green tea with coconut milk

Lunch - didn't really have it. I grabbed a couple of deviled eggs out of the fridge when I stopped by my house to drop off the meds, fully intending to have a decent lunch later, but never did. i felt sick to my stomach. (Hmmm... Wonder if I have an issue with eggs...I hope not!).

Supper - do not feel like cooking. Really want Chinese, but I picked up Greek food on the way home so I'll have that. Chicken schwarma meat, sauteed eggplant, cauliflower, and mustard greens. May have some frozen cherries for dessert.

Official Day 2, actual day 3. (I started the emails over and the day zero thing got me a day off, but I'll go with it.)

Good day!

My baby girl is feeling much better. (Double ear infection.) Breakfast and lunch were kind of boring: leftover greek chicken and veg for breakfast, beef stew for lunch.

Supper however, was outstanding! I made Mel J's chocolate chili and served it over Practical Paleo's cilantro cauliflower "rice". Simple, yet delicious. I enjoyed it as much as any starchy comfort food.

Went for a walk with hubby and baby at twilight. Nice.

Am on day 9 now! More than a week down! YAY! I feel good today. My biggest issue during the week is not enough sleep. I work and have a baby at home so I don't know how to remedy this. I did get the "Sleep Cycle" app and that does help me wake up better in the mornings. (Thanks, Derval!) ...now, what to do about the afternoon headaches.... Anyway, my husband watched the baby so that I could sleep in this morning. Hooray!

Made a delicious ground meat, sweet potato, onion, and mushroom hash last night and had the leftovers for breakfast. The best new recipe I tried this week was the creamed spinach from Paleo Comfort Foods:

1 lb. frozen spinach (thawed)

1/2 cup coconut milk

1/2 t coconut flour

1 T olive oil

1 shallot

3 cloves garlic

Salt and pepper

Sautee the onion and garlic in the olive oil first, then add the other ingredients. Outstanding!

Well, I made it to day 20 and had a migraine that lasted for 12+ hours. Nothing else would make it go away so I had a waffle with honey. (At least it was gluten free.) Why do bad carbs make my headaches feel better? Weird. Anyway, I'm back on it now. Made the yummy fish cakes from ISWF. Yummy!

Archived