"I don't want that life anymore!"  Me either - You are such an inspiration!  I enjoy reading your progress posts very much. I feel the same way about many of the thoughts you share :)

awww you made my blush <33 Thank you! Its always awesome to find people you can relate to when you're going into uncertain territory. I love following others journeys too because you really get this great feeling when you see you're in it together. 

Glad you're along for the ride too  ;)  :wub:  :P

Good morning, girlie!!  How are you doing? 

Going strong! Day 27, so I'm right on your heels  :P  ;)  Excited to roll into W60 and see what progress I can make! Are you doing your stats to see if there were any changes physically or sticking to NSV?

I'm definitely going to do a weigh in and take measurements lol I CAN'T RESIST!  :rolleyes:  :unsure:  :P

Day 27! 

Getting closer, I've got to say I'm pretty excited for Day 30, not because it means I can have treats again but because I've somehow, by some miracle, finally managed to be consistent regarding my health! I'm rolling my W30 into W60, so it's not like I get a day to have a cheat meal or whatever, but I'm just super excited about hitting that milestone. I feel like I'm finally moving in the right direction and getting my health on track!!!

I have this internal goal that in the 7 months I have left before my 29th birthday, I want to lose about 20-30 lbs. This would set me up at my ideal weight and finally be one thing I can cross off. I just don't want to leave my 20's unhealthy!

I want to spend the next 2ish years getting my health and finances on track so when I'm 30 I can enter it more prepared? I don't know what haha, but its just this internal clock telling me to get it together. I'm hoping my health and finances (I'm trying to knock down my student debt from grad school) will be in a better place and I can take the time to focus on law school (I'm hoping to go back to school in a year). I just feel going into law school unhealthy and with that much student debt isn't a good place to be, especially because its so stressful and will set me up for more unhealthy eating practices if I don't get good ones in place now, and I'll be adding probably around 100K to my student loans...sooooo yeah I really want to take this time to get it together.  :wacko: 

On another note, I picked up Eat Drink Paleo Cookbook as my 30 day reward and so far I'm loving the recipes I've read through! I was going to get one of the Well Fed books, but they only had the first one and to be honest I wasn't impressed. EDP is an 80%/20% approach, but when she includes things like dairy, she gives you alternatives if you don't want to incorporate it. Its laced throughout the book, so I can see myself easily keeping things compliant and I think it will be great as a guide for transitioning to Paleo that's not W30 strict. All in all, I'd give it a strong recommendation for anyone wanting to check out a new cookbook! I'm going to make one of the recipes on Day 30 since its my reward for finishing up...so many to choose from though! 

Hope you guys are doing great!

Cheers  :D  B)  :P

Day 29!

I'm excited to hop on the scale and take my measurements tomorrow! I'm doing it on Day 30 since I won't have a post-W30 day since I'm rolling along to W60. I know its not all about weight, but that's an important marker to me as well as how much better I feel. Like I said, I went into this to be healthier physically, mentally, and emotionally. This mindset is really starting to spread into all other aspects of my life. I keep on thinking "be mindful" and its not just about what I eat or how I feel, but its also like "do you really need to spend $xx.xx on xyz, is this really something you need?" 

Be mindful....

It has so much potential. Its spreading throughout my life and its changing things bit by bit. I'm being mindful of what goes into my body, and how it feels. But I need to care about myself mentally/emotionally. Financially, I cause myself so much stress by not having in place a budget or goal, and that's so counterproductive to what I'm trying to achieve. I can't really be healthy if my body is out of sync because of stress hormones (I get super stressed & it causes anxiety attacks, crying, depression, etc.), I can't be successful in my new lifestyle if stress will eventually lead me to that pint of ice cream or bag of chips. I have to be mindful in all aspects of my life...

So the next 30 days of my W60 will be about not just getting these new practices solidly set in place, but also about being mindful in more aspects. I'm going to take a page out of so many people's books and try my hand at meditating at least 3x a week to start with (I'm hoping this helps me deal with my high level of stress/anxiety), and I'm going to work on a 5 year plan for my health, finances, and school. 

Yes, it seems like so much to work on at once, but if W30/Paleo practices are going to stick around long term, I've got to focus on other important things in my life too. I can't just have tunnel vision or nothing else will get the attention it needs too. 

Cheers  :wub: 

Day 30 is in the bag!!!

I completed my first Whole 30, as of April 30th! I didn't think I'd get here since I have a history of yo-yo dieting and never sticking to a health goal for very long, but here I am guys. 30 days come and gone and now I'm rolling into W60 as of May 1st. 

Non-Scale Victories:

• Clothing; pants are looser, tops fit less snug around the arms.
  • Body Composition; my natural shape is much more smooth-my waist is tapering more, and I can see how my trunk is losing fat and shaping itself with less "bumps"  ;) 
  • Digestion; my stomach has felt so much better in these 30 days. There were a few days of stomach cramping and a bit too many trips to the washroom (TMI sorry) but I think that was me finding my balance with nuts, certain cooking oils and the like. 
  • Binging; I've definitely made great strides here, I haven't had an actual thought to just binge or eat tons of things off protocol and I call that a success x100000. I used to binge at least 2x month (sometimes more) when I would be stressed or anxious. 

Overall I feel so much more happier and satisfied, and I think thats whats kept me going strong. I just feel so damn happy that I'm finally making strides in the right direction!

Body Composition Victories:

• Weight lost; 7 lbs!!! Yeah, thats right a freaking amazing 7 lbs of weight loss over these 30 days!  :o:lol::D  
  • My waist has trimmed down by 1.5 inches! I can definitely see the difference and its giving me a nice tapering that I'm loving!
  • I measured around my belly button as well because I feel this area has stubborn fat that I really want to push, and I lost 1.5 inches around my belly button too!! I can definitely see the difference when I look at my profile.
  • My hips went down 1 inch, funny how your body loses at whatever rate it sees haha, I expected it be be the same as the others.
  • My thighs went down 2.5 inches!!! I thank kickboxing and lunchtime run/walks for that or else my thighs would not of gone down so much!

The BCV have me so excited about continuing on with W30 to W60 and who knows how many more cycles I'll pop in along the way. I know I won't always get such great results, but what has happened in just 1 month has really got me thinking I've found the right fit for me and my health. I tried Atkins before, and I definitely didn't see the changes in my body composition, like I have with W30. Calorie counting had me restricted and starved and not really keeping anything off once I was less rigid. I seem to of found a healthy balance for my body and its paying me off by giving me great results. Fingers crossed this continues into my W60, so I can hopefully reach my goal of 20-30 lbs by November 2016!

Alrighty, time to kick W60's butt, excited to join everyone else starting May 1st! :wub:  :D  B) 

Day 35 - Smooth Sailing 

I thought I should make another update as its been 5 days in to extending my W30 to W60. So far its all been good! My energy levels are finally starting to level out, I'm consistently have energy for the whole day, my meals are keeping me full for 4-5 hours, little to no snacking. Its a definite improvement I don't think I'd be seeing if I had stopped at W30. Most of my first 2 weeks I was running on empty and really struggling to make it through the day. 

I stopped using my person journal so that it feels less like a "project" and more like day to day life. I think that's been good because I'm less focused on getting through another day and reaching an end goal, and more about incorporating this into my lifestyle. My big thing is sustainability, as a notorious yo-yo dieter, I want this to not be a "diet" but my lifestyle and it takes a smooth transition to accomplish that. Maybe after this round, I'll start looking into incorporating things back in....but to be honest so far I don't really miss anything enough to even want to! I'm not tempted, and saying no has been pretty easy! <----- Saying that is a miracle  :o 

Hope everyone is doing well on their journey  :wub:

• 2 weeks later...

Day 46 - Almost there!

I was going to update on Day 45, but Sunday is always a bit hectic for me, its my cleaning/grocery shopping/meal prep day so posting on here just slipped through the cracks.

So far so good, I haven't weighed myself throughout this round (trying to get away from the "number game"), but I can see noticeable differences in my body composition. I'd say I'm probably down another half an inch here and there. I want to wait to measure myself post-Day 60. Fingers crossed!! 

I've decided to do 80/20 Paleo after my W60 since it seems to be the most common approach I've found online. I'm going to transition out of the rigidity of W30 to something a bit more flexible and throw in a round of W30 every 2 months or so, until I reach my goal weight. I don't think doing more than 60 days in a row will make much difference, your body adjusts to something that initially made you lose weight. I think if I switch to 80/20 I can "shock" it into continuing the weight loss that comes with W30. I feel like my 80/20 will be more like 90/10 (the 10% being honey occasionally for cooking) haha, I don't really crave anything, and I won't eat it for the sake of eating it. Maybe eventually I'll see something that really makes me want to take that first bite, but until that happens......I'll just keep on keeping on  :P  ;) 

Lets see how it goes!! 

Cheers  :wub:

Archived