Started a whole 30 but never finished

I folks James here from England as the title states I have started a whole 30 but never finished, a couple of things first since 18 have I have been a yo yo dieter now 23 and currently meds for depression and I suffer with binge eating.

The one thing I struggle with is eating fluitively and feel that I can't eat unless I have been active or eat within a eight hour window or only wanting to eat with my parents in the evening so food is all I think about i dont really have a social life anymore apart from college.

Also FODMAPS are a issue so gas after meals etc and my sleep is pretty terrible I don't think I suffer from autoimmune disease.

James, welcome to the boards, and to the Whole30. I'm glad you're here, as the support you'll find from others is invaluable. With your history and your current concerns around food, I'd say let's not aim for doing a PERFECT Whole30 here, okay? Your goal is to focus on making good food choices, nourishing your body, and understanding that if you're choosing foods from the "good food" shopping list, you cannot mess yourself up, metabolically.

There are some foods, like dried fruits, fruit juices, smoothies or nuts/nut butters that many find easy to overconsume. You may want to consider choosing those foods less often (or not at all), to limit your urges to binge on salty, fatty or sweet foods. In addition, if you know you have issues with FODMAPs, then get a shopping list and cross 'em off, as there are plenty of other foods to choose from.

Do you have help or resources available to you? Do you have a copy of our Whole30 Success Guide?

Melissa

Day three of my whole 30 on regards on my eating I have never fallen off the wagon and eaten processed rubbish it would just be on foods on the aproved list or heavy cream (parents buying it) I dont buy nut butters or coconut milk anymore because I can over due them and I do have the desert demon bad.

I suppose when I think I have eaten too much the day before I try and fast with coffee an coconut oil and try so under a calourie limit but it always fails, i really want to be stronger and nourish my body but I think I'm failing and that no Melissa I haven't Downloaded it yet I have a good butchers etc.

Also thank you pinkelephant

I suppose when I think I have eaten too much the day before I try and fast with coffee an coconut oil and try so under a calourie limit but it always fails, i really want to be stronger and nourish my body but I think I'm failing and that no Melissa I haven't Downloaded it yet I have a good butchers etc.

One piece of advice I can offer is to spend your energy looking at 'right now' rather than lamenting the mistakes you feel you made a few minutes, hours, or days ago. If you eat too much today, try to forget about it. Stay positive and look towards your next food decision. You can't change the past, but you can change 'right now.' If you focus on what you did yesterday, then try to compensate for it today, you're feeding into that same yo-yo dieting scenario you mentioned previously.

Good luck James... keep your focus one minute and one decision at a time, bro. Mountains aren't climbed in one step.

Thanks jim for the advice I really really appreaciate it, day three at college today then on the way home stop by the gym for deadlifts over headpress.

Got short ribs in the slow cooker for me when I get home but I did start my day with a coffee and coconut oil yesterday I didn't feel Iike I over eaten as I only had a chicken breast with loads of veggies but even though I have eaten I still want to eat.

One piece of advice I can offer is to spend your energy looking at 'right now' rather than lamenting the mistakes you feel you made a few minutes, hours, or days ago. If you eat too much today, try to forget about it. Stay positive and look towards your next food decision. You can't change the past, but you can change 'right now.' If you focus on what you did yesterday, then try to compensate for it today, you're feeding into that same yo-yo dieting scenario you mentioned previously.

Good luck James... keep your focus one minute and one decision at a time, bro. Mountains aren't climbed in one step.

Jim I REALLY love this. "Keep your focus one minute and one decision at a time." Genius! Thank you :)

Archived