Ding Ding Round 4! Let's Rocktober!!

Derval

Last April I did a Whole30, in June/July I did a Whole 21, in July/August I did a Whole28 which finished on the 08/18 and here I am back again for a full, good & proper Whole30.

My goals this round are pretty much the same as last so I'll just C&P them

• Fruit will not be a snack or desert, the only time I'm having it is as part of/end of a meal
  • I will eat a proper post work out snack
  • I will drink water :ph34r:
  • I will limit my coconut milk to once a day - so either in my coffee or over post-dinner berries but not both.
  • I will eat veggies at every meal, including breakfast, and will follow the meal template.
  • No sneaky weigh-ins! I am so over this one now, though I did weigh in this morning for before & after stats. 128.2 @ 5'3
  • (eta) Meals at table! the interweb will still be there in 20 minutes.

I signed up to the Daily W30 (is it possible to change what time we get them? I'd rather get mine earlier in the morning, todays get around 9am Irish time) so am looking fwd to a heightened w30 experience this time around.

I also started this morning a new strength routive - a Wave 5/3/1 routine so looking fwd to the results that the combination will bring :)

My W30 will end the day before my sisters anniversary, 9 years now since cancer took her away from us & her own young family, so an opportune time to focus on "my health is my wealth" and living the life I have with gratitude & joy.

Will update later with my usual report.

Here's a happy thought for the day :)

107734616056857404_ucwZoLN8_b.jpg

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for all the good cheer & support guys :)

So Day 1

7.30am slice of egg loaf & black coffee

f6711ab60b1e11e2bde812313b08e061_6.jpg

9.30am - Gym, Wave 5/3/1 of Bulgarian Split Squats, close grip bench press, one arm rows

11.30am - Cinnamon coffee with coconut milk

12.45 - chesnut mushrooms, cherry tomatoes & spinach fried in ghee with 2 slices bacon & a fried egg

206785900bbe11e2917422000a1fb30b_6.jpg

3pm - few carrot sticks & some sun-dried tomato pesto at a fellow w30'ers house, decaf coffee

5.45pm - Cottage Flower Pie from Well Fed with white cabbage sauteed in ghee. My 6 year old helped fry the cabbage & therefore ate some :)

9ca2191c0be711e29be31231381b5339_6.jpg

then had some sliced banana (less than one small one) & coconut milk...not necessary or clever, but the kids wanted "desert" so I was making it for them and wanted some for me!

So no pws, and 2nd serving of coconut milk, 2 goal oopsies. Oh well!

It involves a 6'4 burly Bulgarian, I swear! :D

The pie was tasty indeed, though dh said he'd prefer potato on top, he better learn to cook so! :D

I didn't use the egg in the recipe but thickened with a tsp of arrowroot.

I just bought arrowroot today actually as I was thinking of using it in my beef casserole in the crockpot but in the end I didn't try it as I was afraid I'd wreck it as hadn't a clue how much to use! At least it wasn't a wasted purchase anyway-will try it in the pie.

A burly Bulgarian, eh? ;)

Hey Derval,

Great log. I'm with ya on starting another W30. Today is day 29 and in one more hour it will be day 30!!!!! So I'm ready for this round of ROCKTOBER!!!!! Ready to make even more changes...... Looking forward to reading more from you as you rock on this month.

:-)

Rock it, sista!

Why the cutback on the coconut milk? Now I feel indulgent!

Do you know that goal prob isn't all that necessary this round, but the one before last I gained weight, and I reckon it was the fruit/nut butters & coconut milk so I felt I had to limit them somewhat. It's also pretty expensive. The goals are really just aims rather than rules anyway :)

ETA - Isn't it bizarre, esp considering how un-huge paleo is in Ireland, that in my daughers class, 3 of us parents are doing a W30 right now...I think we're a stastical anomoly!

Day 2

7.15am - egg loaf & black coffee

11am - cinnamon coffee w' coconut milk

12.45pm - thai red fish curry

0edcaecc0c8611e29e9622000a1c9e07_6.jpg

2.30 - few carrots sticks & dried banana rejected from dd's lunchbox

6pm - Courgette (zuch) Carbonara, a small slice of honeydew melon...I'm still peckish :ph34r:

35a84bc00cb211e2868c12313817a130_6.jpg

So a good day....I don't think I'll get to bedtime without something more to eat though, maybe a hb boiled egg w' mayo....just to bring it up to 4.5 eggs today (there's 1.5 in each slice of egg loaf)

What fish did you use in the red curry? I've often made a chicken version but never thought of trying it with fish. Was it nice?

It was yummy, I get it in Dunnes the brand is "Keohanes of Bantry" and it's a pack of seafood mix - "white fish", smoked coley & salmon - usually €3.59, but I usually get it when its reduced to clear (it often is, no-one around this way must eat fish pie!) usually to €1.99 :) I'm such a cheap-skate, ah ha skate geddit?? :lol:

Archived