Urgh, what a doozy of a day!

7.15am - egg loaf & black coffee

9.30am - gym (all in kg's btw!)

(Elevated) Full Back Squats 10/15/20 15/20/25

Assisted Pullups -50/-45/-40 -45/-40/-35

Assisted Tricep Dips -50/-45/-40 -45/-40/-35

10.30am - hardboiled egg

11.30 - cinnamon coffee w' coconut milk

Then a visit to the dentist, the tooth I was worried about is fine, phew. Got teeth cleaned (urgh, hate hate hate it, all the scraping!) and polished (hate that too!). They feel lovely now though :)

12.45pm - leftover cottage pie and a baked sweet potato with ghee

ca1f3b800d5011e2ac3022000a1e868a_6.jpg

Afternoon then took a turn for the worst, while I was parked at school waiting to pick up kids, another driver drove along the side of my car :o - damage not too bad but the stress was not good. He's a fellow school parents & was completely nice about it but I still have to bring it to get fixed up (at his expense of course!). I was fine about it until the excitement wore off & then my stomach just felt so sick, I guess the adrenalin....

Then I had a big row with dd on the way home, I pulled up outside her old Montesorri teachers house & told her I was going to telll T how naughty she was being :rolleyes:

I had to be super mindful this afternoon NOT to let the wreck, wreck my W30. I made a big mug of (new - orange spice) herbal tea & hid in my room for a while....

Then I cooked the kids dinners - we all had omlet's but there's had baked ham & cheese and I SO wanted to pick, I had to almost bat my own hand away!

Mine my far fancier :)

Asparagus & smoked salmon, followed by a slice of melon.

aaad47680d7a11e28b5822000a1c02a6_6.jpg

AND my period is imminent.

They say Day 3 is bad, they didn't say it was like this!!!

Going to have an early night I think.... I downloaded one of those sleep analysis apps so will try it for first time tonight.

Thanks girls :)

@jrustdc - I will report back in the morning :) I think the alarm is pretty defunct for me as Dh's alarm goes off at 6.45am , dd ususally wakes when she hears him getting up and comes in to me for a snuggle and then I get up at 7. So where an alarm fits in I do not know! But I think it will be interesting to track how many hours of sleep I get and whether light/deep.

But I do read for a while when I go to bed...I guess I should wait to start it until I'm finished or it will think I'm sleeping....

I'm looking forward to hearing how that sleep app works for you. I'm so sorry about the car incident. :( Good for you for sticking to it today and treating yourself well. The time away with the tea sounds lovely.

Lol, thanks Elise! I count the herbal tea as water, and I had 2 of my big 500ml mugs of that so not too bad. Oh and I had 750ml at the gym too.

So I automatically turned the ringer off on my phone as I always do , so the alarm on the app didn't work, but I did get a cool graph.

Went to bed 22:05 | Woke up 07:04 | Total time 8:59

sleepgraphfbe.jpg

I don't know how accurate it is because I know I often am awake in my brain but lie stock still, which it would register as being asleep, no? Ah sure it was only €0.79 anyway :D

hey derval -- you're doing great! I'm always so impressed by your photography :) . I think it's a great tribute to your sister that you are taking care of yourself and staying in gratitude. keep up the good work! and btw, thank you so much for all your continued support the last few months -- much appreciated!

Maggie

Aw thanks maggie :) and you're most welcome!

You put the app at the corner of your mattress under the sheet and the iPhone knows when you move. It's called "sleep cycle" if you look it up in app store there's lots of info.

Not at all Kate! But I can't be much use to you on either front. The red pesto was in a friends house, but it was made by a small local company. The bacon I got in Dunnes, which I don't think you have up North do you? You should be able to find sugar free bacon if you read all the packets, don't bother trying to find nitrate free though, that is a needle in a haystack, the sugar free is the most important bit.

I'm trying a sleep app from android-"Sleep Time." I leave it on my night stand. It gives me a pretty good idea of how I'm sleeping. BTW, your meals look fantabulous! I think I'm lacking a bit in creativity. I keep falling back on the recipes in the book. Keep up the good work! I know stress can put me over the edge, too. (Not to mention my time of the month scavenging in the pantry!) That's when my brain tells me to go back to my "ice cream will make you feel SO much better" and I have to push thru and distract myself.

Hang in there!

Wowsers, my 9 year old just came up to me and said "Sorry about earlier" and gave me a hug, I feel faint! and happy! :wub: I was in no mood for any guff or back-chat today and he felt my wrath :ph34r:

Anyways....

7.15am - not not eggloaf! smoked salmon, asparagus & scrambled egg (only 1 lil' egg left from the 30 I got last Friday evening :o ) and a black coffee

A lovely morning working in the school library. It was the junior infants (kindergaten? 4-5 year old) turn this mroning, oh they are sooo sweet & cute!

But by the time I got home I started to feel headachey, sinusy & generally blurgh. Period started today too so may be that or Day 4-ness or actually something.

11.15 - ususal cc coffe, made me feel better for a short while....

12.30 - fried sweet potato slices, bacon, mushrooms & tomatoes

3ec49fae0e1711e2b17a22000a1de28c_6.jpg

2.15pm - some fresh raspberries & nuts to stop me from keeling over from feeling sorry for myself-ness

5.45pm - sweet potato, red onion & sausage hash with fried egg & some mustard. Yup I'm hitting that pms over the head with a sweet potato!

a small slice of melon

f2dd4b680e4311e2a2e022000a1cdc13_6.jpg

I also made a lovely drink - I made a jug of strong fruit tea (blackcurrant & licquorice) chilled it, and then diluted some of that with sparking water - very refreshing :)

Day 5 in the Whole30 House

7.15am - egg loaf & black coffee

10am - gym

(Bent-Leg) Deadlifts 15/20/25 20/25/30

Rope Face Pulls w/ External Rotation (6-9 sets of 5 reps) 6x5 @15

Standing Arnold DB Press 4/6/7.5 6/7.5/10

(Leg Press) Calf Raises – Low intensity, 4 sets of 10 reps (weighted stretches) 20kg

11am- some mixed nuts

12pm , tried one of my new snacks - yum yum

e00eedb20ee211e2bb3522000a1e9bb7_6.jpg

12.45pm - large prawn & veg stir fry with 5 spice & coconut aminos, cooked in coconut oil

13f052ec0ee311e29f661231381b69db_6.jpg

1.30pm - cc coffee

5.45pm - deeeelicous dinner, Thomas Keller style roast chicken, celariac roasted in pan juices, and cabbage greens sauteed with onion, garlic & bacon. I wish the photo came out better!

fca382e20f0c11e2a82b22000a1d012e_6.jpg

Am going to have some strawberries & raspberries in coconut milk later when I have made room in my tummy!

It's Saturday evening & my d(?)h has just made me :angry: by bringing home a loaf of sliced bread....Grrr, I was just thinking earlier that I must pack the toaster away as it's been so long since there's been bread in the house. He bought it to have toasted with paté (which I used to love) because he was having too many oatcakes, :rolleyes: like bread is better than oatcakes! BUT get this, it has chia seeds in it, so that's fine & dandy. He was just looking for it and I told him it was in the (largely empty) "treat press" with all the other junk :lol:

Other than that here's

Day 6

8am - boiled egg, 2 slices seranno ham, banana, black coffee

11.30 am - cc coffee

12.30pm - zuchinni & sweet potato fritters, mushrooms, romesco sauce, bacon

cbe727060fae11e2a77722000a1cbafb_6.jpg

3pm - handful of toasted coconut flakes

5.30pm - zoodles, left over chicken (re-heated in the drippings from yesterdays roast), more zuch & the yummiest sundried tomato pesto (got the Happy Pear one near me Summergirl, it 's fab - any recipe ideas?)

Excuse the steamy photo.

96c9c5a40fd311e2b8f122000a1e9e4c_6.jpg

Later I will have the last of my strawberries with some coconut milk.

Day 7

Whoop whoop, one week down!

This whole30 has been harder than my previous two I think, probably because I off-roaded more in this latest interim period and the timing wasn't good with cd1 on day3.

The daily email wants me to get all introspective, sheesh, not my favourite pastime, but I will re-vivist my goals & see how I'm doing.

• Fruit will not be a snack or desert, the only time I'm having it is as part of/end of a meal - Not soo bad, definitely nto eating as much fruit as prev. rounds but the last few days I have slipped back into berries & coconut milk/flakes as a treat when the kids go to bed, not so good.
  • I will eat a proper post work out snack - only one time, but I'm actually ok with this, don't feel I need it as my new workout schedule is pretty easy going
  • I will drink water :ph34r:Still not great, drink about 750ml at gym , and 1-2 500ml mugs of herbal tea most days
  • I will limit my coconut milk to once a day - so either in my coffee or over post-dinner berries but not both. The last 3 days I have had 2 helping, but I think this is not so awful after all, esp as I have not had nut butter at all.
  • I will eat veggies at every meal, including breakfast, and will follow the meal template. I think I'm doing well on this, aren't I?
  • No sneaky weigh-ins! I am so over this one now, though I did weigh in this morning for before & after stats. 128.2 @ 5'3 . Yes all good on the no scales
  • (eta) Meals at table! the interweb will still be there in 20 minutes. Eh ...worst one...can I take back this goal? I don't like sitting at the dining table on my own in the quiet.

So todays food etc

9am - not very hungry this morning, weird, boiled egg & coconut milk coffee

11.15am - Americanno in park with dd

1.30pm - went to food market in another park - one of the stands was a roast pork one. Take-away box of roast pork, potatoes, onions & red cabbage. Hold the potatoes & cabbage = big box of meat, nyom nyom, and some sticky yummy fried onions. My instagram pic didn't save :(

Oh yeah - exciting! - en route I rang in to enter a radio compitetion and I got through to the draw, I was on the radio and everything :o . The draw is on Friday and if we win it's a trip for 4 to New York!!! Please everyone keep your fingers crossed, it would be sooo awesome, we've never been to the States.

We went from there to an open house tour of the admin building of the Irish lighthouses - really interesting (to us, kids were boooooored)

And from there to the shops where I rewarded myself for 1 week down with these beauties....this is really forward rewarding for the whole thing so I better see out the next 23 days!

3653fdac109611e28a2c22000a1d0378_6.jpg

5.45pm - dinner was pretty much the same as yesterdays lunch - zuch and sweet pptato fritters, bacon, fried egg, romesco sauce.

We were out of the house all day, am exhausted now.

Archived