Ding Ding Round 4! Let's Rocktober!!

Derval

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love the shoes!

Sadly I had to face up to the fact this morning that they were too small :-/ I have to travel to another branch of the shop tomorrow now to get a half size up, fingers crossed they will be a better fit.

So a good day today :)

7.15am - egg loaf & black coffee

9.30am - gym

DB Bulgarian Split Squats - 5/7.5/10 ......7.5/10/12.5 kg

Close Grip Bench Press - 20/22.5/25............ 22.5/25/27.5 kg

One Arm DB Row - 6/7.5/10............. 7.5/10/12.5 kg

11.30am - cc coffee

12.45 am - same fritters as before (the uncooked mix keeps perfectly in the fridge) done in a stack with smoked salmon & some of my new mayo.

957a5332113e11e283e622000a1fb86d_6.jpg

3pm - carrot sticks & shawarma mayo

5.45pm - cavegrrrl's lamb meatballs (very tasty, kids loved them, cheap too!) mashed sweet potatoes & brocolli.

75d808ca116711e2a82b22000a1d012e_6.jpg

Also made some nice paleo purchases - Sarah Fragoso's new book and a jar of duck fat :)

Way cool shoes! I hope you were able to find a bigger size. And fingers crossed on the NY trip-- that would be very awesome!

Your goal check in sounds good... I (ahem,) just take my laptop to the dining room table with me when I'm by myself. Probably not the best idea. It's funny how goals turn themselves into what actually works... like coconut milk twice a day but backing way off on the nut butters.

You really do take beautiful pictures! How do they actually get in your post (instead of attachments)? Do you load them to Flicker or something first?

Way cool shoes! I hope you were able to find a bigger size. And fingers crossed on the NY trip-- that would be very awesome!

Your goal check in sounds good... I (ahem,) just take my laptop to the dining room table with me when I'm by myself. Probably not the best idea. It's funny how goals turn themselves into what actually works... like coconut milk twice a day but backing way off on the nut butters.

You really do take beautiful pictures! How do they actually get in your post (instead of attachments)? Do you load them to Flicker or something first?

Thanks Emily! I take the pics on instagram on my phone during the day. Then when I'm posting my log I open up webstagram and they are all there. I just right-click and copy the img code and use the imagw icon ^ above. Johnny M told me about it :)

Yes, Derval. Good luck on the NYC draw - we'd love to have you!

Thanks! The prize is awesome, trying to NOT think about it

http://www.98fm.com/2012/category-win/win-a-vip-trip-to-the-big-apple-circus/

Oh I like the idea of the fritter/smoked salmon stack-will give that a go!

Fingers crossed for the NY competition!

Thanks SG, jeebus I've eaten a lot of sweet potatoes this week :ph34r: No chance of me fading away :lol:

Good buy Laura!

So I had to go to a different branch today to exchange my Minimus for a half size up, much better fit :)

The sales guy asked was I running in them, no weight-training...."are you ok for gloves?" . "I don't use them, gloves are for sissy's" Ha ha ha. Now I'm glad he didn't ask to see my hands because I am embarrassingingly callus free after a Summer away from the barbell.

I also picked up a great new gym top, it's got a cut out back, gonna look so hawt doing my (assisted :( ) pull-ups in it B)

Day 9

7.15 am - egg loaf, some left over mashed sweet potato, black coffee

11.30am -cc coffee

12.30pm - smoked salmon, cucumber, avo, mayo roll-ups and a bowl of steamed broc with red pesto stirred through

f552b008120411e29cf61231381321cd_6.jpg

3pm - carrot sticks, cucumber sticks, shawarma mayo to dip

5.45pm - A triumph! I butterflied then marinated a pork fillet in olive oil, balsamic, oregano and garlic. Then I spread some red pesto on the inside and rolled it up in prosciutto. Served with roasted cauli & carrots roasted in ghee & cumin.

32dcd3a0123111e2bf8b22000a1e8b2b_6.jpgc67dd7da123111e28e5722000a1e8abd_6.jpg

In other exciting paleo news I have sourced an Irish supplier who will provide me with an industrial container of sugar-free fish sauce. I was talking to him about coconut milk and it came up :) Turns out they add sugar to the domestic use bottles to stop it clouding but in restaurants they use sugar free because they add palm sugar as they are cooking. So any Irish W30'ers who are interested drop me a pm. I don't want to get into posting it so Dubs only pls.

You should have entered Masterchef with that dinner dish! Looks very fancy for a Tuesday :) . Sounds like a very tasty combo of flavours. That Happy Pear pesto is the business, isn't it? Very versatile. I love it mixed through some grilled cherry tomatoes as part of breakfast too.

I don't think I'll buy any of the fish sauce-my only experience of fish sauce is Nam Pla and I absolutely hated both the smell and the taste of it :ph34r: . I'm sure the one you are getting will be much better though! Would the supplier be able to get his mitts on Coconut Aminos at all?

Have you tasted Nam Pla? :huh:

The aminos really are like gold dust! My husband was using them last weekend in a stir fry and he didn't realise the bottle was fully open at top and didn't have a little dispenser thingy and he accidentally lashed a massive amount into the wok. Needless to say, I was :angry: !

No, I thought that was just the thai name for fish sauce, is it not?

Oh I don't blame you, I'd be raging re the amino's. I don't understand why they are still out of stock on iherb. I got a friend who was on holidays to bring me back a bottle :D Sure if I get to NY I'll being you back a bottle ;)

Hi everybody I'm Dr. Derval :lol:

Day 10

33.33(to infinity)% through and feeling groovy

7.15am - Leftovers from dinner and 2 slices seranno ham

9.30 am - Gym

(Elevated) Back Squats 15/20/25 ..... 20/25/30kg

Assisted Pullups -45/-40/-35 ...... -40/-35/-30kg

Assisted Tricep Dips -45/-40/-35 ...... -40/-35/-30kg

11.00am cc coffee

1pm (omg I was so hungry!) , proof that fasting is not for me! Got all Mastercheffy for you SG :D

avocado, crispy prosciutto, cherry tomatoes in a stack with arugula undeneath & a blsamic dressing. 2 hardboiled eggs (which I covered in mayo after pic)

1070b05a12d311e2b52912313820446d_6.jpg

5.45pm - more yummy food. As my Daddy says "Sure if you don't look after yourself, who will?"

Rib-eye steak, sweet potato fries, arugula salad, fried mushrooms & onion & a bit of roasted cauli.

b546b2c412fa11e295351231381d448e_6.jpg

Couldn't finish it all so looking fwd to a yummy leftovers breakfast tomorrow.

I'm not in Dublin so can't take you up on the Nam Pla - the best one I could find was Tesco's own brand! It smells horrible - but the small amounts you use in recipes do somehow work magic. Also, I've been secretly adding it to green beans and stuff and my "I hate fish" partner hasn't noticed at all.

Also, dunno if it's any help, but I got coconut aminos from here: http://www.red23.co.uk/RAW-Coconut-Aminos-237ml_p_1425.html Like everywhere else in the world, they're out of stock at the moment, but thought I'd mention it in case the shipping rates are more favourable or something.

Day 11

7.15am - leftovers - steak, sweet potatoes, mushrroms & onions, fried egg on top. Black coffee

11am - 50g mixed nuts

11.30am - cc coffee

12.45pm - breakfast salad :) fried bacon bits, musgrooms, cherry tomatoes - with red pesto stirred in, on rocket salad with fried egg on top. A clementine.

d5f8c896139911e29f661231381b5773_6.jpg

3pm - carrot & cucumber sticks with shawarma mayo

4pm - another coffee :ph34r: Hope I don't regret it tonight. I found some real vanilla in my baking press (must just dump all that other crap,I have a tub of squeezy glucose! :rolleyes: ) so I put some of that in with the grounds - yum.

5.45pm - rotisserie chicken (no skin :( -brown sugar on it), mixed steamed veg (carrots, courgettes, green beans, broc) and some baked sweet potato with ghee.

Oh yeah - exciting! - en route I rang in to enter a radio compitetion and I got through to the draw, I was on the radio and everything :o . The draw is on Friday and if we win it's a trip for 4 to New York!!! Please everyone keep your fingers crossed, it would be sooo awesome, we've never been to the States.

So the draw was today and despite all my positive visualisation we didn't win. I am (stupidly) dissapointed and fed-up and tearful over it. A trip to the States (or anywhere apart from my parents place in Spain, and even then my parents help with flights) will never happen for us barring winning it or a truckload of money. wah wah wah. Hate being always strapped for cash :(

I just want to open a bottle of wine and drown my povvo sorrows.

But I won't....

Yeah Janette, stoopid reality :unsure:

Thanks for kindness as always.

So yesterdays food was complaint, but not photo worthy

1. egg & ham

2. sardines, avo, egg, mayo

3. bolegnase on zoodles

and my day3 workout

today, a no photo today becauase I'm all glum :(

egg & banana

egg & bacon & avo

zoodles, chicken w' red pesto

I'll be back to normal service soon I hope.

Archived