Ding Ding Round 4! Let's Rocktober!!

Derval

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey folks,

Having an "I want wine"! day, slept very poorly last night & have a knotty ball of anxiety in my tummy. Found out last night that poor ds (9) has been getting hit in yard by 1 of his classmates :angry: and get this..... "Don't tell & I won't do it again" - how friggin manipulative & creepy is that?!

So I'm meeting with his teacher in the morning before class and nipping this crap in the bud. I was speaking to my Dad today about it (my big strong invincible 6'1 Daddy) and his voice was cracking as he told me "I was bullied horribly in school, and no one stood up for me, and I wish they had" :unsure:

So I stayed on track...so far :ph34r: and farmed out dd so I could spend the afternoon with him (shopping for trainers, his fav pastime :rolleyes: )

7.15am - egg loaf & black coffee

12.45 pm - salad leaves, coleslaw, avo, griddled chicken breast

5.45pm - slow cooker lamb chops, mashed cauli & broc

My heart is so heavy for my boy :(

Wow, I am so sorry to hear that. I was bullied as a kid, too! Kids are mean! Stay strong for ds, he is lucky to have a tough mama like you!!

Thanks! maybe I'll practice my weight-lifting with that little bully, huh?

Thanks! maybe I'll practice my weight-lifting with that little bully, huh?

I wish I had thought of that when I was 12 years old.

Memories of grade school: It was raining and the school grounds (cement) were wet. A bug bully started chasing me with a worm. As I ran to get away I slipped on the wet concrete and fell. In doing so my left knee flipped out of place. When I got up it flipped back in place but has never been the same since. And at 79 years of age I have a very weak left knee. Big Bully!! I wish I had spoken up at the time. But I remember it well.

Woke up this morning as usual but then was suddenly bent over with cramps :( diarrhoea, cold sweats, felt faint. Urgh.

I wonder was it the fruit & nut blow out I has last night :( or just the worry over ds. Hmmm.

Had a boiled egg & coffee for breakfast. Had the meeting at school, and managed the gym. Feeling queasy now and not sure what to eat the rest of the day at all.

Sorry to hear about your boy, Derval. My experience with bullies was always to fight back when they least expected it. Then they stop. I think bullies are as insecure as the rest of us and just express it in a really terrible way.

Know what I think is hilarious? If you poll 100 people about their experiences on middle school/high school, all of them say the same thing. I have NEVER heard somebody admit to high school being the best time of their life. That they were popular and the king/queen of the school. Everybody says that they were tortured, that they were nerds, etc. i wanna know where all the popular kids went...

Thanks jh.

So today went something like this....the following is NOT a balanced paleo diet. :ph34r: I just didn't know what to eat.

7am - boiled egg & black coffee

9.30am GYM, surprisedd myself as I felt pretty crap.

5/3/1 waves

(Bent-Leg) Deadlifts - 22.5/25/27.5 ...... 27.5/30/35 ...... 30/35/37.5kg

Rope Face Pulls w/ External Rotation (6-9 sets of 5 reps) - 6x 20kg supersetted with....

Standing Arnold DB Press - 4/6/7.5 ...... 6/7.5/10 ..... 7.5/10/12.5 - bah failed at 12.5, just could not get those suckers up, next week!

11am - picked up a set of used cast iron skillets for only €15 :wub:

11.30am - cc coffee

12.30pm - hard boiled egg, coleslaw, half an avo

2.30pm - cocoa orange nakd bar

7.15pm (after nap, thanks dh!) 2 fried eggs & bacon in my neew pan :)

feeling ok-ish now, bit of a tummy ache....hope to get a good lie-in in the morning.

So sorry to hear about the bullying! Was your school responsive?

I realize this is petty, but I was bullied in middle school by a ring-leader girl (all the other girls followed her) and years later I took great pleasure in turning her down as a Facebook friend (and she even requested to be friends multiple times! What was she thinking?)

I never fought back or told an adult (although I know of at least one adult who watched during the time), and obviously, I'm still quite tender about the subject. So GOOD FOR YOU for helping your son fight back! I really hope your school is responsive. Good for him too for telling you!

Thanks for the support & sympathy guys, nice to have a place to air my woes. Yes Emily his teacher was very good, they are going to keep aa very close eye on things. And coincidentally ds got in the "achievments book" at assembly on Friday afternoon, a nice little boost for him.

So today was a much better food wise, did a lot of cooking!

8.30am (after 11 hours in bed!) I grated some sweet potatao & zuch, sauteed in ghee and then scrambled in 2 eggs. Half an avo too for perfect meal templature :)

1a268ada1a8e11e29f8e22000a1d0105_6.jpg

12.30 made a batch of mayo, mixed some spicy sun dried tomato pesto through. used this to make a delish salad with hb egg & parwns. Served with coleslaw.

26bf24ae1aad11e2b3f322000a1f96e5_6.jpg

5.30 Taco night. Made pico de galo, paleo ranch, taco meat . Shopping for same in the supermarket I made my son groan with my heeeelarious joke.

Q: What does a Mexican man say when he looks down his pants?

A: Jalopenos.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

533f726e1ad411e2bba622000a1de773_6.jpg

All the family had lettuce boats! AND the "rice crispies" box is empty, never to be replaced (she says now... :ph34r: ) I made a bacon & veg egg bake this afternoon for tomorrows breakfast for everyone, fingers crossed there won't be a revolution!

That salad looks like a great combo. I just bought 6 lbs of precooked shrimp on sale (it's in freezer now) so i just might have to make something like that this week.

Did you make your own pesto or did you have a compliant one on hand? I found a "roasted bell pepper and chipotle sandwich spread" that is compliant and will try your salad using this. It has roasted red bell pepper puree, olive oil, water, sun ripened dried tomatoes, red wine vinegar, fresh garlic, fresh parsley, smoked paprika, chipotle pepper, sea salt and xanthan gum. It was at my regular grocery store. They also had a chimichurri sauce. Perfect for someone lazy like me... :)

Howdy folks,

So the kids had the "quiche" this morning & liked it, but still wanted cereal after :rolleyes: . Ds had oatmeal, so an improvement on boxed crap.

8.30am - "quiche" & black coffee

3452a98c1b7b11e2a94622000a1e9b9f_6.jpg

Then off to beautiful Phoenix Park (the largest enclosed park in Europe doncha know :) ) for the last XC in the league for ds. Sadly he got some kind of muscle strain yesterday and was limping around laast nigth and today. He still ran, came in 8th and very dissapointed :( BUT we reckon he came in 4th overall in the league which is a great result. But omg the sighs we had to listen to this afternoon :rolleyes:

267680_10151189203233666_1807420408_n.jpg

12.30pm - an apple on way home

1.30pm - Taco salad made form leftovers from last night. Cc coffee and a banana.

1fae67b41b7b11e2b95b22000a1fab39_6.jpg

5.45pm - roast lamb and a big pile of broc & cabbage cooked with bacon bits

651e9d3c1b9e11e2baac22000a1f975b_6.jpg

Hi Derval, I've noticed that on The Happy Pear pesto container I buy it says it's made with olive oil but for some reason on their website pic (the one you posted) it says sunflower oil. The one you bought is made with olive oil too I'd say-don't know why they've the wrong info on the site.

Lovely looking meals! You've been busy!

You're right SG, the one in my fridge - mixed with mayo (amazing!) is olive oil, even better :)

So today's log

7.15am - leftovers from last night. Bacon-y greens & roast lamb. Gosh if you'd have told me in my WW I would have a bekfaast like this I would have laughed. Black coffee.

GYM

DB Bulgarian Split Squats - 6/7.5/10 ------------- 7.5/10/12.5 -------------- 10/12.5/15kg

Close Grip Bench Press - 20/22.5/25 ------------- 22.5/25/27.5 ------------ 25/27.5/30kg

One Arm DB Row - 6/7.5/10----------- 7.5/10/12.5 -------- 10/12.5/15kg

I think I made a boy feel bad because he was using 12.5's for his rows too :D

11.30am - cc coffee

12.45pm - yummy chicken & bacon salad with paleo ranch

150aa5661c3e11e280ff22000a9e2923_6.jpg

I bought a fresh coconut for the firs time ever :) so over the afteroon I had the water/juice and several pieces of fresh coconut, it's a bit addictive!

9f7aa4341c4411e28df322000a1cf723_6.jpg

5.45pm - roast chicken (Thomas keller style) with roasted veg. This was so good and I'm :( that I don't have a photo. I downloaded ios6 and it all went horribly wrong :o

I put chunks of sweet potato, onions, zuch and garlic around the chicken and they all went charred & sticky in the juices...drool.

I bought a fresh coconut for the firs time ever :) so over the afteroon I had the water/juice and several pieces of fresh coconut, it's a bit addictive!

9f7aa4341c4411e28df322000a1cf723_6.jpg

I remember as a child that my parents bought whole coconuts a few times. I remember absolutely loving fresh coconut and have thought about buying one recently, but I've been chicken. Your post just might inspire me to get one. Need to check YouTube for the best way to crack one open and give it a try. My kids would be fascinated...

I also need to get some fresh cream and make butter with them. They have made it at school before...

Yes when I was prepping mine it certainly brought back fond memories of Halloween growing up. It was very easy to prepare. I used a corkscrew (oh wine...I miss you :wub: ) through one of the 3 indents at one end to pierce a hole to drain the juice.

Then I wrapped it in a teatowel and brought it to the back step and whacked it with a hammer around the equater ( I swear I did not think of bullies :ph34r: ) till it split in two. Then you can go between the flesh and shell and lever out large chunks.

Downside is I have eaten about three quarters of it. There could be exploding bums tomorrow :lol:

Your dinner this evening sounds absolutely delicious and your lunch looks fab!

Would you believe I bought a coconut today too?! I haven't cracked it open yet but am looking forward to it! Will employ your method :)

I was in my local greengrocer's this morning and he had a lovely big basket of them sitting up beside the till. They were 60c each which seemed very cheap to me-but then again I haven't a clue how much a coconut usually is so maybe that's standard? It seems cheap compared to what I pay for my lovely Biona coconut milk :wub: .

Archived