Batch of Mayo to use up, recipe ideas?

Gethin

Heya, 

I made a batch of mayo yesterday but failed to plan ahead, so I actually have no idea what to use it for. What are your favorite Whole 30 mayo recipes? Preferably things that don't require too many ingredients, because I don't have the money to shop 15 things that I won't even use up  :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance!

• Moderators

I like to just dip roasted vegetables in it -- roasted sweet potatoes are particularly tasty with it, but any roasted vegetables work well. 

There are ideas for sauces or dressings here.

There's always egg salad or tuna salad or chicken salad. You can bake chicken coated in it, or fish (where that recipe calls for butter, use ghee if you have it, or you could probably sub any other oil you'd cook with).

I have a recipe for a w30 fajita seasoning mix that you can mix with mayo to make a yummy dip. Or mix it with herbs to make a fun salad dressing. Or use it on fish (like tilapia?) with some homemade pesto and bake it for a delicious protein.

If you have any cans of fish or leftover chicken, make a chicken salad. Doesn't have to be complicated

thanks for your tips! I used it as salad dressing this morning and will probably use it for my roast veggies later today :) Next time I should probably make half the amount of mayo though, because I overestimated how quickly I would be able to use it up :D 

Throw in some hot sauce and you're ready make buffalo stuff like buffalo chicken salad ;)

I actually cook my chicken with hot sauce and then stir through mayo.

Great for dryer recipes too, like some kind of salmon cakes (made to have a dressing or dipping sauce).

I've not done it myself but you can also coat protein with it and bake with it.

• Whole30 Certified Coach

I plan my meals around what needs mayo :)  

I love, love, love my homemade mayo.  1 jar (1 cup oil sized recipe) barely lasts me a week.  My favs:

- egg salad (just HB eggs and mayo)

- as a "dressing" (my lunches at work are always a giant bowl of roasted broccoli, stir fried peppers and onions and a small handful of roasted potatoes with left over meat - I bring a little jar of mayo and mix it in)

- tuna salad

- ranch dressing (dump ranch is a favorite around here)

Oh! I forgot about tzatziki. Typically, it calls for yogurt too, but I bet you could make it compliant if you google a recipe or use a compliant Greek style yogurt (but this use of compliant yogurt may be against the rules, and if it is, I apologize)

Apart from using it as is you can change the flavour very easily so add crushed garlic and a splash of lemon to make a great dip for grilled chicken, add tomato purée and paprika to make thousand island seafood dressing, a liad of chopped parsley makes a nice dressing for white fish-use your imagination :)

This morning I made a scramble of eggs, sauteed onions and baby spinach with leftover roast beef and roasted beets... Topped with some sauerkraut. For some reason, I just felt like throwing a big dollop of mayo on top of all this food on my plate. I stirred it in and OMG it was amazing!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived