Meal Plan Check

Jhmcinnis

Can someone please comment on this?? I'm on day 10- started with the meal plan but then my husband bailed on me and I let myself "wing it" a bit more (not cheating, just not planning)... So, made an effort today to get back to the template and want to make sure I'm on the right track!

Breakfast:

3 eggs scrambled with peppers and onions in clarified butter

Cantaloupe

Baby carrots

Lunch:

Cashew crusted pork tenderloin

Spinach salad with peppers, onions, carrots and apple cider vinaigrette

Dinner:

Pot roast

Asparagus

Roasted potato

Is it really ok to be eating a sweet or white potato every day???

Thanks so much :)... Feeling great on day 10!

• Moderators

Your meal composition is great. The question is whether your portion sizes are right. When the meal planning template says to fill your plate with veggies, it assumes cooked or dense veggies, not salad. You have to eat salad by the bucket to get enough volume. 

How much to eat

Thanks so much for the replies.... I think batch cooking veggies might be the best thing for me to easily add them to each meal!

As for adding fat, does tossing veg in clarified butter count?? I don't mind avocado, but I can't eat it every day.

• Moderators

Thanks so much for the replies.... I think batch cooking veggies might be the best thing for me to easily add them to each meal!

As for adding fat, does tossing veg in clarified butter count?? I don't mind avocado, but I can't eat it every day.

It doesn't really count because if you use a tablespoon or two of ghee in a whole pan of veggies, you're not actually consuming all that fat... it's divided between the servings and then some gets left on the pan...

olives, mayo, ghee, coconut... all good things you can add to your meals :)

Archived