Reintroduction Nightmare

Ok, so I did the Whole 30 for Lent which ended up being about 47 days.  On Easter, I broke all the rules and totally went off.  I ate at an all you can eat BBQ joint, with birthday cake and cobbler for dessert.  That evening, I had pizza, wings, and ice cream.

My stomach hurt all night and I threw up the next morning.  I've been scared since then to come off the Whole 30.  Any recommendations?  Has anyone thrown up coming off Whole 30?  I was eating things I normally have no problem eating.

Thanks!

• Moderators

OH dear...

You basically threw a garbage can of junk into your poor tummy after letting it be so clean for 47 days. I've never heard of anyone throwing up but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen...

Go back to Whole30 until you felt as good as you did on day 47 (before all the food) and then do a proper re-introduction...

Hey Scott,

I did basically the same thing. I'd been off Whole30 and reintroduced only dairy before Easter, and I had planned to only have sugar on the actual holiday, but I wound up just eating such a massive quantity of food that included things like sugar (and, honestly, probably sulfites and things, too; I wasn't as careful as I should have been). I didn't throw up, but I had a skull-splitting headache and was incredibly nauseous and dizzy all the following day, and even the day after. I just decided to launch right into another Whole30 and do the reintroductions correctly when I'm done. I'm on Day 10 and I feel amazing again. Just take it slower this time around and I think you'll be fine. Introducing small amounts of one item at a time shouldn't make you throw up. :)

• 2 weeks later...

This must be a 'newbie' mistake, as I did the same thing. And I realized that I had no where even closely tamed the sugar dragon. My binge has actually lasted 18 days, but today is Day 1 of getting back on track until I feel good again. Not sure if that will take 2 weeks or more, but once I'm back on track I plan to do a proper reintroduction. 

Archived