100 lbs

Judip

It's a big number. It's scary, but I am determined. And, I have to do something or its just going to keep getting bigger. I just finished my first W30 last month and lost 10 lbs, so it is really 90 lbs I need to lose. Last month was not only educated me on how powerful it is to feel in control what you are eating, but how wonderful your body responds to clean, healthy food. It was a very enlightening month for me. I have decided to start again, but I needed to have a long term goal, and I chose April 10 to start towards losing the rest of this weight I have put on over the past three years. I went thought some difficult times, and ate my way through all the emotional moments I should have been dealing with. But I am past that, I have learned a lot, life is much better, but the toll it took on my poor body needs to be addressed. So, here I am. Starting again tomorrow, kicking off what I know will take, maybe a year, but I am excited to have a plan to gain my health back, and feel strong, and healthy...because the alternative just isn't working for me! Ill be checking in, the forums here helped me so much last month. Here's to your health, and healthy eating.

I've also a lot of ups and downs---in my life as well as in my weight, early 100 lbs. between my adult lifetime high and low (140 lbs. at age 52, 239 lbs. at age 48). Currently I weigh about 190 lbs., and I never gained back all the weight. I write this to you to let you know you aren't alone on this journey!

I wish you all the success in the world, congratulations on taking care of yourself. I lift a glass of mineral water to you and say "To life!"

Susie

Thank you so very much ladies for the encouraging words, it means a lot to me. While I have a pretty good support circle in family, I don't tend to talk to them much about the real struggle it is for me to put myself first, but knowing that is part of the problem that got me here...I am working on that! I see a newbie and advanced members here, i offer my encougement back to you all, Susie, sounds like it's a lifestyle for you! Great job on keeping the number under control! I remember hearing a trainer say, pick your hard; is living overweight hard, yes, is living a healthy lifestyle hard, yes, but I'd rather do the last one. Have a great day, and thanks, again!

You hit the nail on the head, judip. I have a friend joining me for this whole 30 and I reminded her (and me) that we need to remember that this isn't 30 days of deprivation, it's 30 days of deeply nourishing self-care and putting ourselves first.

I'm a caregiver (disabled adult child, aging parents) and it wasn't until my cancer diagnosis just before Thanksgiving last year that it really hit home for me, that I MUST TAKE CARE OF MYSELF!

If beating ourselves up were effective in terms of weight loss, none of us would ever have a problem. 

Hugs,

Susie

Oh, my Susie, that is so true, we have to put ourselves first to help anyone else. You have a big job! I know the caregiver demands, physically and emotionally. Keep taking care of you. Today I grilled a ton of fresh veggies, and protein to plan for the week. I work full time and I really prefer to take my lunch than dine out. It also helps me make a quicker, healthier dinner. One day at a time, but for me planning ahead helps. Have a great week everyone! Take care.

Ok, this re-introducing food is a little more difficult than I thought. First, I tried bread, as I thought I missed it most. I found out it is very distressing to my digestive system...if you get my drift....it causes gas! Not fun, must be the wheat and yeast. I found out years ago that wheat and hops do not do well for me, gave up on beer at that time, not something I miss anyway. So the bread and bread products isn't something I will be diving back into. I also tried candy, chocolate to be specific. It was good to the taste but I did get a big headache following eating 4 chocolate squares with Carmel inside. Was it worth it? Maybe....but I am no hurry to try it again right away. I like that I have found I don't HAVE to have a certain food now I take the time to think about it and for me, as an emotion-driven eater, this is a big step. I have also found I like the simplicity of W30 eating, I love all the veggies and the simple protein for meals. It makes my life less complicated when coming home from work, what's for dinner, simple salad or cut up veggies, hot veggie and a nicely spiced protien....I don't think I am on W30 Rd 2, I think this is life now. I haven't weighed yet, but my clothes are fitting better each day, and my energy is solid, not up and down. Hoping to loose another 10 lbs at the end of the month. Have a great Thursday, everyone!

• 2 weeks later...

Closing in on the end of April. I've certainly had my ups and downs, injured foot, bad allergies and stress at work. Life. And I've had my ups and downs with food as well. But I do know one thing for sure, I know what makes me feel lousy when I eat it, and I know how I feel when I stick with whole foods and leave the sugar alone...I feel great, and overall, I stay the course, and make the better choice. I make sure I have all the best of food avaliable to me, fresh fruits and veggies, and I try to stop and think before I eat something outside my regular meal, am I really hungry, or is it something eating me? I'm not perfect, I have swayed when I've been staying at my sons, or when I was ill, but overall I am learning some lifetime healthy habits that are changing the percentage of the amount of times I stay on track or indulge in something else.and I think that is what it is about, finding the balance, and aknowledging I am worth feeling good all the time, not half the time.

"overall I am learning some lifetime healthy habits that are changing the percentage of the amount of times I stay on track or indulge in something else.and I think that is what it is about, finding the balance, and acknowledging I am worth feeling good all the time, not half the time."

I cannot tell you how much I love this, this really resonated with me. Best of luck on your journey Judip, I look forward to following along <3

I had an interesting week. I weighed in at the gym on Monday had lost another 2lbs. Now that doesn't sound like a great deal, but it took me to a different set of numbers and I kept staring at it, thinking I was reading it wrong. Then I felt really good. Real good, in fact, because sometimes I give up on me, I don't think my body will respond to healthy eating since I have basically tried every diet there is out there over the years...only to loose and gain, loose and gain. Not good. But this time it feels different. Eating whole foods feels so natural to me, I just needed to be reintroduced to the structure again, but it seemed so simple I honestly didn't think it would work without some type of "gimmick" like points, or special packaging, or something! I have a long ways to go, I understand that, but I am willing to be patient with me this time because real food doesn't go away, and is avaliable all the time it has been right in front of me, I was just using it wrong. Have a wonderful month of May everyone. I plan to.

• 1 month later...

Wow, it has been a awhile. I am still at it, and, unfortunately I am struggling. But then, isn't that expected when you are changing a life-time of habits that haven't been in your best interest?  Each day I am understanding more and more that it is all about choices, and sometimes they are small choices (but many) and sometimes they are huge, but ultimately, do the choice I make really reflect the person I truly want to be?

If I make a choice to have food that makes me feel bad later, then I need to own it, but I also need to remember to silently offer congrats to the times I feed my body healthy and drag myself to the gym! And, in between those times, its life, so stay in the moment and laugh, or cry or do whatever it takes to feel and not feed the feelings. Everyday I have another opportunity to do my best and take care of me. Today is a good day.

This month I went on vacation for a week to visit family and do some genealogy history research with an aunt  who is 97 and an uncle, 94. Both, sharp in wit, humor and thought. I observed these people and shared meals with them - its the South - lots of great food options! I saw they ate small amounts, and healthy options, and laughed and talked while they ate. They always ended their meal with a small dessert.... The reality for me was it was the actual "sharing the meal" talking and laughing  that made it so great, not so much what the food was (very simple).

One habit I am working on breaking is eating alone. Often I actually work hard at avoiding eating with people, even my husband. Therefore I eat more than I should and it is mindless eating, not that enjoyable and often followed by guilt.

My habit challenge for the next seven days is I am going to eat every meal with someone and see how that works for me. It is a challenge for too many reason to explain here, but I'll post how it goes by next Wednesday. Happy week to everyone! :)

Archived