4/11/16 - Day One

C-Win

Hi everyone!  :D

Today is day one!  Nervous and excited.  I'm 45 years old and was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease a few years ago.  The past 4 months, it's really been wrecking havoc on my body and I need a huge change in order to manage my disease ... I don't want to resort to medication.  So, here I am!  My husband is going on this journey with me (our daughter as well, but at 10, she doesn't have a whole lot of choice when both parents are on board :o ).  I'm so happy to have the support at home and also via this website!  Good luck to everyone!  I hope you get everything (and more) that you wanted from this journey!! 

Christina :wub:

Hello c-win and Jen Jen. I'm Sy and I started today, too! I'm dragging my husband along for this ride, he needs it, though, as he has RA. I've been prepping for a couple weeks, actually. I guess you could say I'm excited to try this! I'm not having a very good day, so far, because we have our house on the market and right before I was about to start cooking my ever so fresh lunch, the realtor called and we had a showing. So, no food, just cleaning cleaning cleaning, and now I'm hungry and grouchy. I'm eating an epic jerky bar and a box of raisins, my chosen go to food 4 on the go. not a great start! But, hopefully, dinner will be better.

Hi! I'm starting today too.  Family is not, so that may be tough.  But I work long hours and hardly eat at home anyway.  Looking forward to sharing the journey with all of you, but not looking forward to some of the hard days ahead.    Have some big events coming up, but I decided to take the plunge now because there will always be something.  

We can do this!

K

Today is my first day. I have found I'm having hunger pains today. Hope each days gets easier. Tonight is rainy but I promised my baby (my brittany spaniel) 1 lap around the block tonight. I have many health problems rheumatoid arthritis being 1 of the few. Walking hurts my ankles but WE shall do this. My family is not my biggest support system but I have to do this for ME!

Archived