I started on Thursday the 7th of April. Today is killing me.

JanaBrown

So I have had no cravings until today and to satisfy my cravings I have had an apple, a banana with almond butter and a handful of pistachios.

For breakfast I had leftover chicken apple sausage,yam,apple hash with a big egg on it and half an avocado. I normally do not eat breakfast so this has been a struggle. I didn't eat until 11 though. By 1:30 I was in town with my kids and starving. Totally starving AT the grocery store. I was good. I came home and ate the banana with the almond butter - the apple I had earlier up in town.

I know I am not supposed to snack but my family and lifestyle does not allow for three normal meals. I am trying.

Am I hungry because I am missing something? Normally breakfast is eggs and greens. I have some sort of protein and veggie at lunch and then a larger protein veggie meal at night when I have time to make something.  I am never starving. I am of average weight (okay I would like to lose 10lbs but I am at a healthy weight).  I don't obsess with the things I have cut out as I was practically paleo before this but I have never felt so hungry.

I need a personal mentor. lol

jana, anxiously waiting for dinner tonight

For me, that would be too much fruit (apple sausage, apple hash, banana), the nut butter and nuts would add to cravings, and just too little protein and vegs. Also eating late totally destroys my ability to manage my day. The template, the template, the template is what can hold me from food insanity. Hang in there!

• Moderators

So I have had no cravings until today and to satisfy my cravings I have had an apple, a banana with almond butter and a handful of pistachios.

For breakfast I had leftover chicken apple sausage,yam,apple hash with a big egg on it and half an avocado. I normally do not eat breakfast so this has been a struggle. I didn't eat until 11 though. By 1:30 I was in town with my kids and starving. Totally starving AT the grocery store. I was good. I came home and ate the banana with the almond butter - the apple I had earlier up in town.

I know I am not supposed to snack but my family and lifestyle does not allow for three normal meals. I am trying.

Am I hungry because I am missing something? Normally breakfast is eggs and greens. I have some sort of protein and veggie at lunch and then a larger protein veggie meal at night when I have time to make something.  I am never starving. I am of average weight (okay I would like to lose 10lbs but I am at a healthy weight).  I don't obsess with the things I have cut out as I was practically paleo before this but I have never felt so hungry.

I need a personal mentor. lol

jana, anxiously waiting for dinner tonight

You need to be eating three template meals a day... that's the minimum that a human adult needs to survive.

Breakfast should be eaten within an hour of waking and there are tons of good recipes and threads on here for people who don't have time to cook in the morning.

Snacking is not awesome and snacking on fruits and nuts/nut butter is extra not awesome. If you are truly hungry (as in you would eat bland steamed fish or a bare unseasoned chicken breast) then you need to eat a mini meal of either fat and protein, fat and veg or protein and veg... not fruit and nuts.

You've got to figure out how to make your schedule work for you to eat three times a day... are you telling me your family doesn't eat Breakfast Lunch and Dinner too or is it just you that doesn't have time?

Probably the fruit did play into cravings. I drink water all day long.

We are grazers in this family for the most part. Partly because of schedule and partly because the kids just eat all the darn time and we normally only have dinner together as a sit down meal. I know I am not supposed to snack. I actually started this without getting to the template part I guess. Mostly I have done well but today was sort of messed up.

Given how tired I am I can totally justify going back to my bed and reading up and ahead to get it all clear for tomorrow. I do have three meals already planned for tomorrow with the ingredients here and time to make it. Plus I have Wed and Thursday ready to go - days I work - so I shouldn't be doing this again. Fruit was a bad crutch for me today. 

Thanks for all the feedback. I really appreciate how quickly people respond.

• Moderators

Here's the thing about snacking... if you're eating template meals you shouldn't need to snack... if you're not then you're going to be reaching for things that are not template and potentially not the best choices.

I don't know how old your kids are and what your family situation is but the healthiest way to eat is for everyone to be eating proper meals... kids may need to eat mini meals in there depending on their age and activity level but you eat and then you give your body time to use the nutrients... organize them, send them to where they need to go and then your digestive system takes a rest... grazing doesn't let it get a rest and it doesn't teach you how to listen to your body's hunger signals... something that we all knew how to do when we were born and have since broken/ignored...

Super glad you have three meals planned for tomorrow and your work days as well. You can totally do this the prescribed way and you'll feel amazing! Promise!

I am on it today!  Since I have a sickie (probably allergies) home with me I will have more time to really get some cooking done because I won't focus on other things that take me far from the kitchen.  Off to make my eggs and kale and avo for breakfast!

Archived