horrible stomach pain after eating asparagus and salmon

i am on my second whole 30 on day 26 and two nights ago i had about a pound of asparagus (was a 2.25 pound bag from costco and i ate about half) roasted with olive oil and salmon with tartar sauce from the whole 30 book. about an hour later i was cripple with severed stomach pain, i was uber bloated and had slight nausea. i also took a tsp of fish oil (liquid) so i thought i had overdosed on fish oil. but tonight it happened again....i had the same meal (this time i did not do the fish oil) but still had the horrible stomach pain. anyone know whats going on? could it be too much asparagus?

• Moderators

Could definitely be too much asparagus... it's hard to say what's actually going on but my suggestion to you would be to leave the salmon and asparagus alone for a few days till tummy feels better and then eat them separately to see if it's the salmon or the asparagus...

Something similar happened to me the other day. My culprit was cayenne pepper that I put into my homemade taco seasoning. I initially thought it might have been something else. However, I ate the meat again today, several days later, and the same thing happened again. I know that cayenne is in the nightshade family, which I recently found out I'm supposed to avoid, but I never had a reaction like this. I think that the reaction was so severe for me because I cut out all the items of my SAD. Now, my body is more sensitive to things that cause it problems. So, I guess I'll be leaving out the cayenne fern now on.

Archived