Planning for reintroduction... Continuing weight loss journey!

Jhmcinnis

I'm going to be wrapping up my Whole30 soon, and it has been an amazing experience that has taught me so much. That said, I'm in the middle of a weight loss journey that is going extremely well, and I'm struggling a bit with how to transition. I was doing Weight Watchers before, but I must say, I've loved this break from counting points! Now, I know I will continue to eat mostly Whole30ish, but I'm sure there will be things (peanut butter) that I add back in. My question is- should I go back to counting points (ie. Go back to weight watchers)? Or should I keep going with Whole30ish eating and see what happens? Just curious about how others have continued a weight loss journey after Whole30... Thanks!

• Moderators

You say that you're glad to be free of counting points... why in the world would you want to go back to that? Whole30 has proven itself to you that it's a viable way to eat... keep doing that! Your body will eventually figure it out... if you keep feeding it template meals of whole foods and healthy fats, then the weight will come off... restricting it via points/macros/calorie counting is going back down the path of madness!

Oh, and I hate to break it to you but I used to be married to Peanut Butter... our love was unbreakable. We willingly separated for some time during a whole30 and when we got back together... well... things just weren't the same... It turns out that Peanut Butter is a bad partner that does me no good whatsoever, regardless of how much I love Peanut Butter... we've had to go our separate ways permanently... I'm not saying your fate is the same, but brace yourself for a potential unravelling of the love affair...

Haha, I've been wondering about that! I've heard that some of your old favourites don't taste the same after Whole30, and that PB is one of the biggest disappointments!

I suppose I don't fully believe that I can let go of the points crutch yet... But I think I need to have faith that I can! I like the idea of eating Whole30 most of the time, and having one-off treats here and there... And trusting that this will let the weight loss keep happening. Thanks for your insight!

Archived