Body feels sore all over - unrelated or not?

I'm on day 13 and for some reason I feel sore all over. I don't do strenuous workouts (I go for walks) and I'm not overweight. It could be that I slept poorly, I suppose. But I don't often wake up sore from sleep unless my neck was crooked all night. This is just a general overall soreness, as if I did way too much weightlifting or something the day before. Any thoughts?

• Moderators

Could be part of a detox symptom altho it's a bit late in the game for that... maybe you're coming down with something?

Do you have preexisting medical conditions?

If you like, post a few days worth of specific food intake including varieties of vegetable, portion sizes, water intake etc... 

No known conditions, overall healthy as far as I know. Could definitely be coming down with something, which would suck because I have to shoot a wedding in two days.  :(

Yesterday

B: one egg, one slice of compliant bacon, coconut milk and espresso.
L: Baked sweet potato with salt, pepper, and one slice of bacon; la croix.

D: Mixed veggies (green beans, red pepper, onion, mushrooms - recipe in book) with cauli-rice 

Snacks: Almonds/raisins (no sulfites), homemade kale 'chips'; iced green tea (unsweetened).

Monday:

B: Leftover stuffed pepper filling from the night before: ground beef, onion, eggplant, squash all sauteed in bacon fat. Slice of bacon. Earl gray with lemon.

L: Half plate of mixed greens, tomatoes, and Tessamaes Lemonette dressing; baked sweet potato with salt, pepper, and one strip of bacon; La croix.

D: Mixed veggie dish and cali-rice, La Croix.

Snacks: Almonds/raisins

I drink several cups of tea throughout the day (at least 3 or 4) - usually earl gray with lemon.

• Moderators

Okay...

Have you seen the template? It's linked in my signature below.

Bacon is considered a fat on Whole30.

So yesterday your protein consisted of one egg. Monday your protein consisted of an amount of ground beef (which I infer from the rest of your meals wasn't much).

Your fat consisted of two slices of bacon and a splash of coconut milk yesterday and Monday one slice of bacon and some salad dressing.

Water is recommended to be 1/2oz per pound of body weight and caffeinated tea doesn't count.

Why are you eating so little? Please review the meal template and make your meals match 3 times a day.

If this is all you've eaten daily for the last 13 days, I presume your body aches are due to malnourishment... this is basically starvation and your entire day of food yesterday doesn't even equal one proper meal...

Wow, thank you. Having you spell it out like that is kind of scary: "I presume your body aches are due to malnourishment... this is basically starvation and your entire day of food yesterday doesn't even equal one proper meal."

This is an eye opener for me. I figured I was eating too little, but not by that much. I must have not absorbed the information from the meal template when I initially read it. Seeing now that I need 1-2 palm sized protein sources is like WOW, I've REALLY been eating too little. Time to immediately rethink what I'm doing with my meal plans. A blunt but helpful answer. Thank you!!

• Moderators

Sorry to have come across as blunt... I was basically typing my response as fast as I could because the amount you've been eating is actually quite dangerous... usually I put some fluff around the response so it doesn't come across as harsh but I didn't this time.

Try making a meal plan for the next few days to match the template and post it here if you want feedback so we can get you back on the right track :)

Archived