Any success at Ruby Tuesdays?

LMT_582

We're meeting friends for dinner this week and they're planning on Ruby Tuesday's. Has anyone eaten there on the Whole30? I know they have the salad bar, and I assume we can get steaks, but I read somewhere they have butter on almost everything (or cook it in butter)...any advice?

• 3 weeks later...

I used to work at a few corporate steakhouses. They used to ladle melted butter - or a buttery sauce - on all the meat right before it was brought out to the table (makes meat look very juicy!). I'd just ask for any meat to be grilled or prepared with no seasoning - and no butter or sauce or anything on it. Then you can salt and pepper it at your table. If it's good meat and a good grill - it will still be very tasty!

Can you go somewhere else to go? They do have the burgers in a lettuce wrap which is cool, but they cook everything in soy and margarine. I don't think a cube of butter ever crosses their doors. I would SO much rather have butter or simply choose to go somewhere else.

They do cook all their veggies in butter. I ate there on the Whole30. I mentioned I had food allergies and couldn't eat butter. They were able to steam the green beans but that was the only veggie. I order the steak. Salad bar was ok.Had to bypass alot offered there they had greens and raw veggies and oil & vinegar. After eating there, I did find out that they have a gluten free menu. This might help also. good luck!

Archived