Day 1 - craving my artificial sweeteners BAD!

LianeMJ

I think I'd have no problem staying 95% Paleo if I could just have my coffee in the morning with heavy cream and 2 sweet n lows. Man am I craving sweet n low today. I usually put it in iced tea throughout the day too. Maybe 4-6 packets a day. How long does it take for the cravings to go away? I went in Fresh Market today and smelled the coffee samples they have and longed to have a cup but I hate black coffee...do you ever learn to like it after being used to it with cream and sweetener?

a couple years ago I gave up artifical sweetener. I started with just coconut milk in my coffee. Now I can drink it black and it doesn't bother me a bit. I'm sure your body is getting peeved you're not giving into the chemical fix right about now. I dont remember how long it took, but I know you can do it. Stay strong and remember your 'why' of sticking to your guns.

Only took me a couple of days-I had to quit cold turkey, and started using coconut milk in my coffee. Actually, I started drinking black first, till I had the chance to get coconut milk, now I can drink it either way.

Be patient-it's worth it and it CAN be done !

Archived