Day One!! Holy Crow!

Haineko84

So seriously I decided to start the Whole 30 program last week and I picked today for my Day 1. So I'm really not used to all the cooking that is required. I bought the actual book, decided to do the week one meal plan, and went shopping yesterday but failed to read that my squash needed an hour to "Cook" or that the tomato sauce also required an hour to cook. I so didn't give myself enough time. I need more prep time.

What are some noob things you did when you first started? Any tips for us noobs? Thanks. 

I'm on day 15 doing my first W30. I did a couple weeks of reading and prep before starting. Plus I was on vacation. I watched a lot of YouTube videos by people who have done it. Lots of good advice on there.

You will get used to the cooking time. My relationship with food has changed so much that I now enjoy the prep. It's part of the whole experience. I nurture the food so it can nurture me. If you go to Nom Nom Paleo, there is a whole section on W30 recipes. Their app is awesome. Be adventurous or you will get bored. It's pretty exciting learning new food and new tastes. The tastes intensify once you get the sugar out of your body.

You can do it!

• 2 weeks later...

I like to prepare a large dish of meat for the week. For instance, chicken breast in the crock pot with Trader Joes compliant salsa. I will then eat it with sweet potatoes, meat, and spinach. Even adding chicken with other potato to make a hash for breakfast, top it with an egg add other veggies. So yummy.

Archived